I thought I would begin with a simple sweet and savory meal that’s sure to please a crowd. And since it just needs about 20 minutes of prep and cook time, I ‘d say it’s sure to please the cook. It’s sauteed, not fried. It’s naturally sweetened with honey. And it is insane great.
I’m calling it Slim Honey Lemon Chicken.
More Recipe Ideas & Resources
It’s essentially a quick chicken stir fry that is tossed in a naturally-sweetened honey lemon sauce. I kept it basic with simply chicken, and served it over protein-rice quinoa instead of rice. But this recipe is meant to be more of a base recipe, and is best for adding in your favorite veggies, or some cashews, or replacing in any other proteins that might sound excellent.
To make it, start by marinating some chicken with some soy sauce and rice vinegar. Transfer the chicken to a separate plate, and then cook the sauce till it’s nice and thick.
And then you can serve it nevertheless you ‘d like! I was craving traditional rice, so opted rather for some protein-rich quinoa. You could serve it over veggies, noodles, in a salad, or whatever sounds great.
Feel complimentary to likewise adjust the sauce to your preferred level of sweet-and-sour-ness. Everybody has different preferences with lemon and sweeteners, so when you have made the actual sauce, feel free to include in additional lemon juice or honey to taste.
All in all, it’s a fast, delicious, simple, and much healthier base dish that I like tinkering around with. So play with it and make it your own, and ideally can work as some tasty fuel for the brand-new year.
Skinny Honey Lemon Chicken Ingredients
- 1.5 pounds. boneless, skinless (raw) chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces.
- 3 tablespoon.s soy sauce (if making this gluten-free, make certain to use GF soy sauce).
- 2 tablespoon.s rice wine vinegar.
- salt and pepper.
- 1 tablespoon.olive oil.
- Honey Lemon Sauce (see listed below).
- optional toppings: toasted sesame seeds, thinly-sliced green onions, extra lemon passion, lemon slices.
Honey Lemon Sauce Ingredients
- 3/4 cup.chicken stock.
- 1/4 cup.fresh.lemon juice.
- 3 tablespoon.s honey (or more/less to taste).
- 2 tablespoon.s cornstarch.
- passion of 1.lemon.
- pinch of ground ginger.
- ( optional: sriracha, for heat).
- Combine the chicken, soy sauce and rice red wine vinegar to a large ziplock bag, and toss until the chicken is uniformly layered. Cool for a minimum of 10 minutes, or approximately 8 hours.
- Drain and move it to a separate plate when you are prepared to prepare the chicken. Season the chicken on both sides with a few generous pinches of salt and pepper. And in a separate bowl, blend the honey lemon sauce ingredients together till integrated.
- Heat oil in a big saute pan over medium-high heat. Include the chicken and saute for 5-7 minutes or till it is prepared through and no longer pink inside, stirring and turning the chicken periodically for even cooking. Transfer the chicken to a separate (tidy) plate with a slotted spoon.
- Cook over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes, or up until the sauce thickens and reaches a low boil.( Feel complimentary to likewise season with additional salt and pepper, or additional honey or lemon.).
- Add the chicken back into the pan and toss until it is evenly covered with the sauce. Remove from heat and serve the chicken right away, topped with optional garnishes if wanted.
Article source: http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/skinny-honey-lemon-chicken-recipe/