Low Carbohydrate Philly Cheesesteak Casserole.
I have actually been yearning the flavors of a Cheesesteak lately. I got the concept of doing a spin off of a Philly Cheesesteak after seeing. Peace Love and Low Carb’s Stuffed Philly Cheesesteak Peppers . For my family, the idea of a casserole just works much better for some meals. I chose to try my hand at making a Low Carb Philly Cheesesteak Casserole.
More Recipe Ideas & Resources
We don’t usually shop at Walmart … however we discovered ourselves there on a Friday night after going to Hobby Lobby (they are right next to each other). I was wishing to make something fast for supper that I might throw together without much fuss.
I looked at Walmart’s options of sliced Beef in their main deli section, and I simply wasn’t impressed at all. Great deals of caramel coloring, soy, nitrates … active ingredients that I wasn’t very delighted about.
Adam said that maybe we should simply purchase a steak and suffice up as very finely as possible (another choice, but more inconvenience than I desired to handle). As we were strolling to get the steak, I looked and saw. Hormel’s All Natural Sliced up deli meats. I bore in mind that my sibling had bought some Hormel All Natural Turkey for making sandwiches, since the components were alright.
I’m sure that these deli meats aren’t perfect (and aren’t grass-fed;) ), but sometimes you do what you can. The sliced beef worked great in this recipe. You can always utilize your favorite sliced up beef as a substitute. I know Kroger’s sells Boar’s Head brand that is natural too.
I hope you like this Low Carbohydrate Philly Cheesesteak Casserole as much as we do! We ate ours with a salad for dinner. You might also combine it with some other low carb sides for your family’s dinner.
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- 3 medium onions sliced.
- 3 bell peppers; sliced.
- 1 tsp of garlic.
- 1 tsp of salt.
- 1 tablespoon of Italian flavoring.
- 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- 2 plans of Hormel Natural Beef slices; cut into strips (you can utilize another brand name equalling 12 oz of meat).
- 1 big box of sliced mushrooms.
- 1 bundle of Swiss cheese pieces.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Heat big skillet.
- Melt coconut oil in skillet.
- Add onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, garlic, beef, pepper, and salt to frying pan.
- Continue to saute till onions are clear.
- Transfer whatever into a 9×13 pan.
- Leading with sliced up Swiss cheese.
- Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes to melt cheese.