The other day I was thinking of how different my eating has been because two years ago. I’ve discovered this incredible accomplishment of balance and clean concentrated consuming in my diet. I’ve kept away from the extremes of overindulging and undereating and in some way simply seem to be in this delighted place. Before I would conceptualize what it would seem like to delight in the benefits of consuming wholesome, healthy foods while still enjoying a hamburger or a huge chocolate chip cookie every so often. It appeared so distant. Now my feet are in the location I wanted I always could be; it feels like a wonderful, considerable achievement.
One of them was nourishing my body with nutritious food every few hours. The second was prepping meals and snack ahead of time. The third was constantly making sure to take pleasure in a treat every now and then, since life’s too brief not to.
Today I’m sharing a incredibly easy and scrumptious dish for chicken burrito bowls motivated by the ever-popular Chipotle. I ordered a burrito, not understanding how HUGE they are and nearly passed out from stuffing myself silly.
Things first, I’m the realest. Wait, that’s an Iggy song lyric. Back up.
Things first, we make chicken!
I generally make the chicken in the slow cooker for ease, however if you desire you can simply bake it. I have actually included directions for both so you aren’t limited.
Next, there’s always beans. I vote black beans, however pinto are also drop dead scrumptious.
What about that definitely fantastic corn salsa? I can’t get enough. Mine is full of sweet corn, red onion, cilantro & more lime juice.
Oh and the brown rice? I make a coconut lime wild rice that’s generally the most addictive thing you’ll ever sink your teeth into. Trust the Enthusiastic lady. It tastes like fluffy coconut magic on your tongue. (Yes, I’m additional detailed today.).
Cheese! I elect. Go Vegetable’s Lactose Free Monterey Jack & & Cheddar Shreds. .
Topping are unlimited. I always go with a few slices of avocado, jalapenos( I like dat spice), and sometimes greek yogurt.
After I’m done cooking my chicken and rice, I uniformly divide whatever into specific containers and stick them in the fridge for simple reheating.
I hope you enjoy this basic meal prep idea. Delight in!
Better than Chipotle DIY Chicken Burrito Bowls that are awesome for clean eating and healthy meal prep. Cheap & easy to make. Chicken can be made in the slow cooker too!
- For the chicken
- 1 pound.boneless skinless chicken thighs (or chicken breasts will likewise work).
- 1 cup chunky salsa.
- 1/2 teaspoon.chipotle chili powder.
- For the rice
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil.
- 1 cup dry brief grain wild rice.
- 2 cupswater or vegetarian broth.
- 1 small lime, juiced.
- For the corn salsa
- 1 cup natural sweet corn.
- 1 little red onion, diced (or about 1/2 cup diced red onion).
- 1/4 cup fresh sliced cilantro.
- 1 little lime, juiced.
- Newly ground salt and black pepper, to taste.
- For the beans
- 1( 15 oz) can low salt black beans, rinsed and drained.
- To garnish
- 1/2 cup. If preferred), cheddar cheese shreds (dairy complimentary.
- For garnish: Extra salsa, avocado pieces (or guacamole), jalapenos if you like spice, cilantro, greek yogurt, hot sauce, and so on
. Make the chicken: Location salsa, chicken and chipotle chili powder in a slow cooker, cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. Once done cooking, shred chicken with two forks and location back in the slow cooker till all set to serve. Refer to the notes section in the recipe for baking directions if you don’t have a slow cooker.
- To make the wild rice: Location a medium pot over medium heat and add in coconut oil and wild rice. Toast rice with the coconut oil for 5 minutes; stirring frequently to toast the rice and infused the coconut oil flavor in. After 5 minutes include water and bring mix to a boil, then cover, lower heat to low and simmer for 45 minutes. After 45 minutes, eliminate heat, include lime juice, then let and recuperate mean 10 more minutes. As soon as done, season with a little salt to taste.
To make the corn salsa: In a medium bowl, combine corn, red onion, cilantro and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper.
To make the bowls, evenly disperse rice, chicken, black beans and corn salsa into bowls (or containers if meal prepping.) Garnish with cheese, cilantro, hot sauce and extra salsa, if wanted. If you are preparing on taking pleasure in the meal later on, do not add the avocado. Add as soon as prepared to eat.
Makes 4 servings. One for Monday-Thursday if you like.
To bake the chicken in the oven instead of the sluggish cooker: Place chicken in a 9×9 inch greased baking pan. Cover the top of the chicken with salsa. Bake at 400 degrees F for 20-25 minutes, depending on the size/thickness of your chicken.
More Recipe Ideas & Resources