Easy, cozy, and absolutely delicious! This simple herbed mushroom potato bake will wow guests or serve as a hearty dish for your family dinners.
Herbed Mushroom Potato Bake
3 tbsp butter, softened
2 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
6 cups brown mushrooms, e. g. baby bella, chestnut, brushed clean and sliced
3 cups potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
3 – 4 tbsp parsley, chopped
freshly ground black pepper
More Recipe Ideas & Resources
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (170° fan) | 375°F | gas 5. Grease an oval baking dish with 1 tbsp of the softened butter.
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan set over a moderate heat. Add the garlic to the oil and sauté for 20 seconds before adding the mushrooms and a generous pinch of salt.
- Sauté for 4-5 minutes, stirring and tossing from time to time, until the mushrooms are lightly colored and tender to the bite. Adjust seasoning to taste and set aside to cool.
- Blanch the potato slices in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain well and leave to cool briefly.
- Arrange the mushrooms in the base of the baking dish before topping with the potato. Generously dot the top with the remaining butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden-brown on top. Remove from the oven and leave to stand for 5 minutes before serving with a garnish of chopped parsley on top. (Can substitute chives if you wish)
Article source: https://ohmyveggies.com/herbed-mushroom-potato-bake/