I ‘d never ever consumed Pad Thai till I started consuming a vegan diet plan. I had actually never even heard of it– can you think that?!
After many various dishes on many different blogs, I thought I ‘d give it a try myself.
That was 6 months earlier, and this is the vegan Pad Thai dish I seem to make the a lot of. It’s just so simple, so delicious and so– SO– filling!
If you like your veggies to be a bit crispy, don’t let them prepare as long. If you do not like cilantro, include parsley (that’s what I did). One time I was out of rice noodles, so I simply doubled the quantity of spiralized zucchini– YUM!
All I understand, is that if you enjoy Pad Thai, this simple recipe is certainly a must-try (APPEARANCE MOTHER! I RHYMED!)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1/2 block incredibly firm tofu, drained and chopped into cubes *.
- 1 cup/8oz. rice noodles.
- 1 medium head of broccoli, very small sliced florets.
- 2 big zucchini, spiralized.
- 1/2 small red pepper, sliced thin.
- 1 medium garlic cloves, minced.
- 4 green onions, sliced small.
- 1/4 cup brown sugar.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce.
- 1 tbsp tomato paste.
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar.
- 2 tbsp lime juice.
- 2 tsp sesame oil.
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder.
- 1/2 cup peanuts.
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds.
- fresh cilantro or parsley, sliced.
- Heat a big pan over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and cook your tofu up until browned on all sides, 5-10 minutes. Reserve.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. When boiling, add your rice noodles and cook according to package instructions.
- While your noodles are cooking, heat another tbsp of olive oil in the exact same large pan you utilized for the tofu. Drain pipes the rice noodles and add to the pan of veggies. Add the tofu, as well, and toss whatever together.
- In a little bowl, whisk together all of the sauce ingredients till well integrated. Pour all over the noodles, veggies and tofu.
- Divide between bowls, and leading with peanuts, sesame seeds and chopped cilantro or parsley. Serve warm.