These paleo glazed banana bread donut holes have a few healthy additions to make them the best breakfast, treat, or dessert! Basic active ingredients make the tastiest baked donut holes, topped with a perfectly sweet, honey vanilla glaze.
Anybody else carry their inner Homer Simpson when they see a donut? I don’t even consider myself a HUGE donut fan, I’m much rather pound a container of chocolate chip cookies or coconut macaroons. I’m pretty sure donuts have actually some chemically improved component that hypnotizes people to eat ’em. Even simply a teeny, tiny bite. I’m sure it’s not FDA approved, but truthfully do we even care? No.
The glaze could be filled with rat turds and cigarette ashes and individuals would still consume them. Like, whatever– it’s just additional protein and a rich smoky taste. Donuts are just that food that you got ta splurge on every occasionally.
It’s been years considering that I bought a donut. In truth, I remember my last experience so vividly, I believe it scarred me.
Set the scene– 4 years back, hubby’s birthday, residing in Washington, DC. I know my male, and my male likes donuts. Like the supermarket ones because plexiglass case. Naturally, being the fantastic other half I am, I believed, I’m going to taxi it to the hottest brand-new donut shop in the city, purchase two of their BEST, most INNOVATIVE tastes, and surprise him tomorrow early morning! I suggest, WAY much better than 3-day-old supermarket donuts, right?! So as quickly as twelve noon hit that day, I was off. Flagging a cab, fighting traffic, standing in line, attempting not to melt in the DC humidity. Due to the fact that …donut calls. Yaaaaaas to the maple donut with bacon instilled glaze and collapsed bacon to top, and a peanut butter and jelly thing of beauty (because once again, I understand might man. Donuts are his very first live, PB&J’s are his 2nd). Damn I understand that guy much better than he understands himself! I’m sooooo great.
Donuts set up on the table, card carefully placed, me concealing behind my coffee cup, so excited for that first response, that initially bite!!! Oh the anticipation!!!
Awe thanks babe … as he takes one little bite. Got ta get to work, I’m late.
He just kinda likes the basic grocery store donut with chocolate glaze. Traditional!!
Ok so maybe Possibly’m being a little overdramatic about buying donuts againOnce again The donut HOLES are constantly the finest part anyway.
Plus, why go out for donuts that have rat turds and cigarette ashes in them (KIDDING) when you can make these paleo glazed banana bread donut holes in the house? Such a much better, much healthier option that are naturally sweetened, loaded with some sneaky power foods, and easier than standing in line at your city’s popular donut hangout.
These paleo glazed banana bread donut holes have a couple of additional active ingredients to make them pretty much additional incredible, extra healthy, and very guilt-free. Bake ’em, cool ’em, then get ready to sprinkle all the honey vanilla glaze goodness over every sweet little ball.
And make certain to examine out a few other paleo treats and balls for the best dang healthy snacking options ever! Paleo almond cocoa mocha energy balls , paleo carrot cake energy balls , and naturally these paleo crucial lime pie energy balls !
- 3 ripe bananas.
- 1 tablespoon.chia seeds.
- 2 teaspoon.s flaxseeds.
- 1/2 teaspoon.vanilla extract.
- 1 large egg.
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda.
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder.
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoon.s coconut flour.
Honey Vanilla Glaze
- 2 tablespoon.s coconut oil.
- 1 tablespoon.+.1 teaspoon.raw honey.
- 1 teaspoon.vanilla extract.
- 1 1/2 teaspoon.s arrowroot powder combined with 1 teaspoon water.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, integrate the ripe bananas, chia seeds, flaxseeds, and vanilla extract. Include the egg. Stir well to integrate.
- Include the sodium bicarbonate, baking powder, cinnamon, and coconut flour. Mix up until a thick batter has formed.
- Using damp hands, mold the batter into 12-14 little balls/donut holes. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, till balls have set.
- Eliminate from the oven, let coo a little, and position the balls on a wire cooling rack with the baking sheet beneath.
- Once the balls are fully cooled, start on the glaze.
- In a small pot, bring the coconut vanilla, honey, and oil extract to a gentle simmer.
- Remove from heat and pour in the arrowroot/water mixture, whisking vigorously for 1-2 minutes to ensure no clumps form.
- Let the mixture cool a little, then put over the top and sides of the donut holes utilizing a large spoon.
- Right away place the cake rack of balls with baking sheet underneath into the freezer and let chill approximately 10 minutes, enough for the glaze to set.
- If wanted, eliminate the baking sheet from the freezer with any excess glaze that has actually dripped off, spoon the hardened glaze into a little bowl and microwave just until liquid again. Let cool somewhat and put over the cooled donut holes for another layer of glaze. Chill once again in the freezer for the glaze to set.
- Get rid of the balls from the freezer and let sit at room temperature level for a few minutes prior to serving. If consuming later on, shop in the fridge and when all set to serve, set at space temperature for a few minutes.