Each container is filled with lean ground turkey cooked in taco flavoring, black beans, corn, tomatoes, avocado, shredded cheese, cauliflower, and cilantro rice. You can also switch out the cauliflower rice for any other rice of your choice.
We’ve been eating a lot of tacos recently. It began about three weeks ago when we went to a taco celebration, where the rate of admission included all the tacos you might eat from over forty regional vendors. We had Taco Bell tacos when we attempted the naked chicken chips . And because then, for one factor or another, we’ve had tacos several times a week.
And while I’m not yet sick of tacos, I have been wishing to return to a much healthier eating routine, so I made these taco bowls. It’s all the garnishes I enjoy in tacos, however served with cauliflower rice rather of tortillas.
These low carbohydrate taco bowls are a healthier meal that can be prepped ahead of time for your weekly meal prep.
turkey taco bowls
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 small brown onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 package light taco seasoning (or the homemade taco spices below).
- 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained.
- 15.25 oz can entire kernel corn, drained pipes.
- 2 big tomatoes, diced.
- 1 big avocado, cubed.
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
- fresh cilantro, for garnish.
- 2 tbsp olive oil.
- 4 cups raw cauliflower rice (you can purchase plans of cauliflower rice or make your own by pulsing cauliflower florets in food processor up until they are about two times the size of grains of rice).
- salt and pepper as required.
homemade taco flavoring.
- 1 tablespoon chili powder.
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder.
- 1/4 tsp onion powder.
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano.
- 1/2 tsp paprika.
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin.
- 1 tsp salt.
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- If utilizing homemade taco spices, include all the taco flavoring components to a little bowl and whisk together till thoroughly integrated. When cooking with the spices, for every 1 tablespoon of seasoning used, you will likewise require to include 1/4 cup water to the ground meat. Store any remaining flavoring in an airtight container.
- Add in ground turkey and cook until browned. Include in taco flavoring package and water quantity specified in instructions. If utilizing the homemade taco seasoning, start with 1 tbsp+ 1/4 cup water and add more as needed.
- In a different frying pan, prepare the cauliflower rice. Add in oil and bring to medium high heat. Add in cauliflower rice and season with salt and pepper as required. Prepare up until cauliflower hurts.
- When rice and turkey have cooled, you can package into your Associated Dishes.
Skinny Bang Zucchini Noodles Meal Preparation.
Sriracha Cauliflower Fried Rice Meal Preparation.
Korean Beef Bowls Meal Prep.
More Recipe Ideas & Resources