Got Turkey leftovers from Thanksgiving? Make Turkey Casserole Soup!
Every Thanksgiving, I’m entrusted to a lot of turkey. I usually make things like turkey pot pie and sandwiches out of it.
If we truly needed a turkey if just a few of us really ate turkey, this year my mother in law called and asked.
I nearly screamed into the phone. I’m so determined about getting a turkey because I like, like, enjoy making broth with the carcass.
Turkey broth is among my favorites, however I only get to make it as soon as a year. And I’m not about to consider that up. For a recipe check out my post on how to make bone broth.
Anyhow, so I’m racking my brain attempting to think of what the hell to make with the enormous quantity of leftover turkey meat I have.
I made paleo & & grain complimentary turkey tacos, I made turkey salad. So I head to the refrigerator and realize I have actually likewise got a heap of leftover celery, carrots, cream, onions, fresh sage, and fresh thyme.
A comforting Thanksgiving soup was born. It’s basically turkey casserole soup. I didn’t have peas on hand however you can include those too!
Why this recipe for Turkey Pot Pie Soup works:
- It’s filled with great protein and fiber-rich veggies, making it a nourishing and healthy meal.
- You may already have all the required components in your refrigerator!
- The combination of bone broth and cream (or coconut cream) lends this turkey casserole soup a terrific creaminess without being heavy and too abundant!
Variations on this dish:
- Make this a chicken casserole soup by including shredded leftover roasted chicken .
- Feel totally free to utilize sweet potatoes rather of spuds.
- If you can not discover fresh sage, add savory, marjoram, or rosemary rather.
This Turkey Casserole Soup is filled with good protein and fiber-rich veggies, making it a healthy and nourishing meal..You may currently have all the required active ingredients in your refrigerator!.The mix of bone broth and cream lends this simple reassuring soup a wonderful creaminess without being too abundant and heavy!
More Recipe Ideas & Resources
- 3.5.cups.bone broth.
- 1.cup.heavy cream.raw and grass-fed or use coconut cream.
- 3.celery stalks.sliced.
- 1.little peeled potato.diced.
- 2.cups.shredded turkey.
- 5.sage leaves.sliced, about 1 tbsp.
- 1.tsp.dried sage.
- optional: leading with parsley.
- salt and pepper.
Melt the butter over medium heat in a big pot.
Include the onions, carrots, potato and celery.
Let cook until onions are soft.
Add the broth and cover the pot, letting it simmer for about twenty minutes, or till the carrots have actually softened.
Add the turkey and herbs.
Let them heat through.
Add the cream last.
- Make this a chicken pot pie soup by including shredded leftover. roasted chicken. .
- Do not hesitate to use sweet potatoes rather of potatos.
- If you can not discover fresh sage, add mouthwatering, marjoram, or rosemary rather.
Article source: http://www.ancestral-nutrition.com/turkey-pot-pie-soup/