I’m constantly drawn to dishes that are basic, yet outstanding. This prosciutto-wrapped cod dish is absolutely that. Who states stylish dinners need to take throughout the day? Seriously, nobody has time for that. This scrumptious meal just takes 20 minutes to make. Overall. It could not be much easier. And, obviously, the tastes in this dish are simply remarkable.
More Recipes & Healthy Food Ideas
Prosciutto, capers, lemon, and light, buttery cod fillets.. Great.
One of my preferred things about this recipe is how crispy the prosciutto gets when you cook it in a frying pan. Plus, you can cook the spinach right in the exact same pan after the fish is done.
Not only is this recipe super simple and tasty, it is also actually healthy! It’s paleo, low carb, keto, Whole 30, gluten complimentary, and dairy complimentary. If you need extra carbohydrates, this meal would be terrific with some black rice or quinoa.
- 12.–.14.oz (340-4 00g.) cod fillets.
- Sea salt & & pepper.
- 1.5 oz. ( ~.45g.) prosciutto de parma.
- 2 Tablespoon (.28g.) grass-fed butter, ghee, or avocado oil.
- 1 clove garlic, minced.
- 4 cups.( ~.180g.) baby spinach.
- 2 Tablespoon capers.
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice.
- Passion of 1 lemon.
- Pat fillets totally dry with paper towels and allow to come to room temperature.
- Pat them dry again and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper once they are at space temperature level (usually about 30 minutes). Not excessive salt here due to the fact that the prosciutto is salted.
- Wrap the fillets with prosciutto. I like to lay the prosciutto out on a flat surface, position the fillet on top, then roll the fillet to wrap it.
- Melt butter or ghee in a cast iron skillet or other nonstick pan over medium heat.
- As soon as the butter is hot, add the fillets and cook for 5 minutes per side or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Cooking time is for 1 \u2033 fillets. Adjust cooking time based on the thickness of your fillets.
- Eliminate the fillets to a cooling rack. This avoids the bottoms from getting soggy.
- Add spinach, capers, and lemon juice. Just up until the spinach has wilted.
- Move the spinach to plates using tongs. Leading with the fish and sprinkle with lemon passion.
- Serve right away and take pleasure in!