Given that dealing with my Ultimate Tofu Recipes Roundup , which a remarkable number of you contributed to, it’s just natural that I would still have tofu on my mind.
More Recipe Ideas & Resources
I’ve prepared a couple of things with tofu because then that I’m delighted to share with you however, as I consumed this Caribbean Tofu with Coconut Quinoa a couple of bright Saturdays back, I understood I would have to share it.
Mixing lime and coconut with earthy spices and intense chillies may simply be the very best way to carry them into a summery mouth-watering dish.
To provide the tofu pieces a bit more of a bite and to motivate them to crisp up correctly, I pressed the tofu for nearly an hour to make it extra firm. If you don’t have that much time though, half an hour will be enough to get a good company texture.
Just as tofu does, quinoa soaks up flavours so well so you could add a little coconut milk as it is preparing to make it additional coconuty and provide it a creamier texture too.
- For the tofu:
- 800g extra firm tofu; drained pipes, pushed for a minimum of 30 minutes, and cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil for cooking
- For the marinade:
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground all spice
- 1-2 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Juice of 2 limes
- For the quinoa:
- 200g quinoa, well rinsed
- 350ml water
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- In a large bowl, blend all of the marinade active ingredients together up until they form a smooth liquid.
- Add the cubes of tofu to the bowl and coat thoroughly in the marinade. Set aside.
- Once boiling include the rinsed quinoa, stir when, and simmer for ten minutes. At the this point, include the desiccated coconut, stir well and simmer for a further 5 to 6 minutes.
- After adding the coconut to the quinoa, heat the olive oil in a fry pan over a medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, thoroughly put the cubes of marinated tofu into the frying pan. Fry for around five minutes, turning often, till it has browned on all sides. Remove from the heat and usage cooking area paper to eliminate any excess oil.
- Eliminate the quinoa from the heat, reserved for 2 minutes, then fluff up with fork.
- Serve as it is or with a sauce of your choice.