Almost every recipe that I’ve seen for a low carb lasagna features sliced zucchini. While that works sometimes, I’m not all about that life.
Don’t get me wrong: zucchini is a great vegetable, and extremely useful. I like it…I just don’t…you know…LOVE it in my lasagna.
Lasagna usually takes a really long time to make, and obviously noodles are not an option, but I wanted to still make a thick and creamy dish that could be layered and remain sturdy.
Enter Cauliflower. Cauliflower is one of my favorite vegetables to work with because it’s rich in nutrients but doesn’t carry a strong flavor.
Added with eggs, and mozzarella, cauliflower was the perfect base for this easy keto lasagna’s layers.
Easy Keto Lasagna
I can’t believe this is low carb. Doesn’t it amaze you how many extremely delicious foods you can eat with a low carb/keto lifestyle?
For this recipe I went with an alfredo sauce to cut the carbs down even more.
Feel free to use a tomato-ey sauce for a more traditional taste, but trust me, if you decide not to you won’t miss it.
More Recipe Ideas & Resources
I originally thought about subbing out the beef with chicken, but the ingredients still flowed together beautifully keeping it the same.
- Prep Time: 40 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup raw spinach
- 1/2 cup low carb alfredo sauce
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 lb riced cauliflower, cooked
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup mozzarella
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- seasonings, to taste ( I added garlic, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning)
- Preheat oven to 375
- Grate fresh cauliflower or use prepared bag of cauliflower rice. Brown over medium heat in a skillet and drain all excess liquid using cheese cloth or towel.
- Mix eggs, mozzarella, grated Parmesan, and seasoning in large bowl with cauliflower rice
- Spread cauliflower rice mixture out like a pizza crust, about 1/4-1/2 inch thick on lined baking sheet
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown, set aside
Meat sauce (while cauliflower layer bakes)
- Brown ground beef in skillet, drain fat, and add alfredo sauce and raw spinach
- Reduce heat and continue cooking until spinach is wilted, set aside
- Mix ricotta, grated parmesan, heavy whipping cream and seasoning together, set aside
- Oven at 375
- Prepare an 8×8 baking dish with non stick spray
- Cut cauliflower sheet into 2 halves and trim to fit the pan
- Place one layer of cauliflower on the bottom of the pan (I had to trim mine a little)
- Place half of meat sauce on top of layer, adding a couple additional tsps of alfredo if needed
- Add half of ricotta mixture on top of meat sauce layer and sprinkle 1/4 cup mozzarella
- Place second half of cauliflower layer and repeat last two previous steps with mozzarella on top
- Bake for 20 minutes until bubbling then broil for 3-5 minutes to brown cheese