Red, orange, yellow, green, purple. Feel free to google any of the colors with the word veggie (ex, red vegetable). There’s a great deal of options here. And if you could not offer a flying fuck about the rainbow them then mix all of the roasted veggies together.
Obviously if you’re fat-phobic then you can still make this meal preparation however without all of the oil. If this isn’t enough food for you then just through a pack of cookies, a box of larabars or a stack of vegan yogurt into your week. You’re welcome.
I prepped all of this in 2 hours while filming. If you remained focused, I wager you could do this in half the time. Need some conformation on the most safe way to prepare, store and reheat meal preparation? Still Tasty is the site for you! I got these containers on ebay (less expensive than amazon!).
More Recipe Ideas & Resources
This is the most convenient meal prep. It’s much various than my last vegan meal prep post. The seitan loaf you see in each top container is 2 serving of gluten which are 46 grams of protein!!!!
ALL OF OUR VEGAN MEAL PREPARATION POSTS HERE
Here’s the order you should make whatever (dishes below)
- Preparation shake bags.
- Prepare rice & & quinoa
- Chop veggies, coat in oil & & salt then bake.
- Make gluten dough then steam.
- Part whatever into containers. DONE.
10 bananas, 4 different colored berries (strawberry, blueberry, mango, pineapple), handful spinach, 5 freezer bag.
- Put 2 sliced bananas in a bag with 140 grams of berries or spinach. Freeze. Done.
- Blending suggestion: 2 -3 cups liquid (water, almond milk, etc) needs to mix a bag up nicely. Or utilize a food processor to make breakfast great cream.
Rice + Veggies
5 servings rice (2 bouillon cubes + 3 TB oil), 5 portions veggies + oil + salt.
- Prepare rice with water & & bouillon. When cooked blend with 3 TB oil.
- Chop veggies (red bell pepper, carrot, yellow squash, broccoli, red cabbage, sweet potato). Coat in oil and salt.
- When cooked you’ll portion rice & & veggies into containers. Possibly save a couple of each of the veggies to garnish the seitan & & quinoa containers.
I’m in love with this meal prep and have actually been making it weekly! I can confirm that including chickpea flour does avoid the seitan from ending up being chewy. For 300 grams/2 cups of gluten flour include about 60 grams of chickpea flour.
Quinoa + Seitan
10 servings of gluten flour (300 grams/2 cups), 2 cups of water or broth, 2 ts onion powder, 1 ts garlic powder, 1 ts salt, 5 portions rice (2 bouillon cubes + 3 TB oil).
- Cook quinoa with 2 bouillon cubes and water. As soon as prepared mix in 3 TB oil.
- Mix gluten flour with 2 ts onion powder, 1 ts garlic powder, 1 ts salt. Then blend with 2 cups water or broth.
- Form a gluten dough ball and cut into 5 pieces. (Don’t knead dough) Conclude each little gluten loaf in foil. Steam your 5 mini loafs for 45 minutes.
- As soon as steamed piece up gluten loafs and place in containers. I purchased a bunch of various sauces however Aldi’s teriyaki is my fav. Add quinoa on the side.
5 portions of rice was 50 cents. 5 portions of quinoa (1/2 bag) was maybe $1.50? 1/2 bag seitan was $3.50.
My seitan came out chewy. Delicious however chewy. This was my 2nd time utilizing gluten flour so I’m uncertain if I needed a small bit more liquid (I didn’t use the complete 2 cups) or if it was since I kneaded it. Time I made seitan it came out spongy however I boiled it. This time it came out chewy and I steamed it. Does cook time enter into have fun with chewiness? Any seitan making specialists out there?