Instead of a routine pizza dough, you are using portobello mushrooms for pizza crust.
Truthfully, this gluten complimentary pizza is a lot better than that odd cauliflower crust pizza I tried once, which was downright dreadful! I can’t understand why it’s so popular.
This easy and quick portobello mushroom pizza dish is:.
Quick and easy to make- Ready in just 20 minutes.
More Healthy & Deliceous Recipes
- Low carbohydrate.
- Made and with just 3 fundamental components PLUS your option of toppings (optional).
- Here are some SUGGESTIONS for making portobello mushroom pizza (low carb recipe):.
- You can use whatever kind of cheese you like. I choose mozzarella and some cheddar but I have a few good friends who prefer portobello mushroom pizza with goat cheese. If you want to make vegan portobello mushroom pizza, make sure you are utilizing vegan mozzarella cheese.
- To keep this dish LOW CARBOHYDRATE, ensure you are utilizing a low sugar or no sugar pizza sauce.
You can also make portobello mushroom pizza with pesto sauce by swapping out the tomato sauce for pesto. It’s a nice change.
- For any MEAT fans out there, you can quickly add your preferred meaty garnishes and make portobello mushroom pizza with ground turkey, chicken or pepperoni.
- I only utilized olives in this pizza today however you can utilize any of your preferred vegetable garnishes: onions, green peppers, jalape\u00f1os, broccoli, cherry tomatoes e.t.c
- . If you are making portobello mushroom pizza with spinach (particularly frozen spinach), make sure to thaw it and eject all the excess water.
- DON’T serve these pizzas as appetizers. Portobello mushrooms are big and not bite sized.
- DON’T over-bake or else the mushrooms will release a lot of water and make a substantial mess.
- When you put the tray inside, Oven needs to be preheated and hot at 400 degrees.
- These portobello pizzas taste great when served fresh. I don’t suggest refrigerating leftovers.
- How do I cook portobello mushrooms in the oven?
- Place the mushrooms with all your toppings on a cookie tray that has been sprayed generously with oil. Bake at a high temperature (at broil or grill setting) for about 10 minutes.
- The length of time do I cook portobello mushrooms in the oven?
Don’t cook for too long. Prepare up until the cheese melts and is golden brown, which has to do with 10 minutes.
How do you clean a portobello mushroom cap?
Preparing portobello mushrooms for pizza can be difficult but NOT hard at all. I recommend getting rid of the stem with a knife and wiping everything clean with a moist paper towel. I DON’T advise washing them under running water or soaking them in water. Nevertheless, if you do wash them under running water, you should let the mushrooms dry totally prior to making this pizza otherwise you will have a watery mess during baking.
What sort of mushrooms are used on pizza?
Huge mushrooms like portobello mushrooms are extremely suggested for this dish.
How to make portobello mushroom pizza?
Start off by cleaning the portobello mushrooms. Spread pizza sauce and top off with your option of veggies and lots of cheese and a pinch of Italian spices. Enjoy your portobello pizza!
If you liked this post, you might like a few of these other Italian easy supper recipe ideas:.
One pot healthy fettuccine alfredo.
Spinach lasagna rolls.
Course:.: Side Meal.Cuisine:.
- cup.Pizza sauce.
- 1/3.cup.Your option of garnishes.
- I used olives and red peppers.1.cup.Mozzarella cheese.
- 2.tbsp.Italian spices.
- 1/2.cup.Parmesan cheese.
- for topping.1.tsp.Squashed red peppers.
- for topping- optional.Clean the mushrooms and remove the stems.Location the mushrooms on a cookie tray sprayed with oil. Ensure the tops are facing down.Spread pizza sauce on each mushroom.
Top off with your option of vegetables/ meats and great deals of mozzarella cheese.
Spray some Italian flavoring on top of the pizzas.
Place the tray in the center rack of the oven and bake at broiled/grill settings for 10 minutes or until the cheese has actually melted and is slightly golden brown.
Eliminate tray from oven and complement each portobello pizza with parmesan cheese, extra Italian spices and crushed red peppers.
Utilize low fat mozzarella cheese or vegan cheese to make these even healthier.
When served fresh, tastes best.