This dish was initially going to be vegan calzones. However, buddies, it’s too dang hot to turn on the oven right now.
Simple, heat-free summer appetizers it is!
This dish is easy, needing just 8 components and 15 minutes to prepare! Just stir filling ingredients, spread into a roll, tortilla and slice!
And the flavors? Oh, they’re implied for each other.
Sun-dried tomatoes set with fresh basil, while fresh garlic and vegan parmesan cheese pack a severe punch to the vegan cream cheese base. A little spinach magnifies the green hue while increasing the dietary content. Ooh, dreamy.
- 8.ounces.vegan cream cheese.( I love Trader Joe’s brand).
- 1/2.cup lightly loaded.sun-dried tomatoes.( dry, not in oil// sliced// plus more for topping).
- 1/4.cup lightly loaded.frozen spinach.( defrosted and squeezed dry *// optional).
- 2.large cloves.garlic, minced.( 2 cloves yield ~ 2 Tbsp or 12 g).
- 1/4.cup.vegan parmesan cheese. ( plus more for serving).
- 1.pinch.each sea salt and black pepper.
- 2.large.flour tortillas.( ensure vegan friendliness on bundle).
- 24.fresh.basil leaves.( divided).
- Add vegan cream cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, garlic, vegan parmesan pepper, cheese, and salt to a blending bowl and mix thoroughly to integrate.
Divide filling between two flour tortillas and spread out into an even layer all the way to the edge. Top each with half of the fresh basil leaves (leaving one edge bare so the tortilla can stay with itself). Press basil down slightly to adhere.
- Firmly roll up tortillas from one end to another, beginning with completion with basil all the method to the edge, pursuing completion that’s somewhat bare.
- Once rolled up, capture carefully to compact everything and lay seam-side down for slicing.
Utilize a serrated knife to gently cut tortillas into 1/2-inch pieces. Between the two tortillas, you should have a total of 20-22 pinwheels (quantity as original dish is written// adjust if modifying batch size).
- Organize on a serving plate and serve immediately, or chill for up to 24 hours, covered in the refrigerator. Leftovers keep well in the fridge, covered, for 2-3 days, however best when fresh.
* To prepare frozen spinach, thaw entirely and transfer to a tidy, thin towel. Hold over the sink and squeeze firmly to drain out all water. Usage as advised.
* Influenced by, loosely adjusted from. Spoon, Fork, Bacon. .
* Nutrition information is a rough estimate.
Nutrition Per Serving (1 of 20 pinwheels).
- Saturated fat:.1.8 g.
- Carbohydrates:.2.3 g.