A healthy twist on the traditional Italian dish Chicken Piccata utilizing walnuts as a grain-free choice. This Walnut Crusted Lemon Chicken Piccata makes a fantastic, weeknight, one pan meal, or is fancy enough to serve to visitors on a weekend! Paleo, Whole30, and Keto friendly!
Oh hey men, simply another 20 minute meal for you all to enjoy on a hectic weeknight. 20 minutes is about all the time I have throughout the week to make dinner … … you too ?? Well, you’ve come to the best recipe.
I have actually enjoyed a couple of various variations of chicken piccata, but I love this Gluten-Free and Paleo choice. The addition of California Walnuts was absolutely ideal; it offered this meal simply the ideal amount of texture and taste.
More Recipes & Healthy Food Ideas
Can we just speak about how awesome walnuts are? I like to treat on a range of nuts, but walnuts really transcend when it pertains to nutrition. They are the ONLY nut that offers a substantial amount Omega-3 fatty acids, an important nutrient that is badly doing not have in the Basic American diet plan. I love that walnuts are so flexible and can include that ideal crunch and taste to any savory or sweet dish.
How to make Walnut Crusted Lemon Chicken Piccata:
We begin by gathering easy ingredients to make this meal: Chicken, walnuts, capers, lemons, chicken broth, parsley, garlic, and some arrowroot to thicken.
For this chicken piccata, the walnuts were quickly broken down in a food processor to produce a crumbly mix that makes an easy replacement for bread crumbs! I coated each piece of chicken with a healthy amount of pulsed walnuts.
As soon as the chicken breasts were covered, I warmed up a pan and included olive oil. I prepared the chicken breasts for only 3 minutes per side until they were burnt well, and eliminated them to a plate.
I scraped up the littles remaining walnuts, and developed a drool-worthy sauce with fresh garlic, chicken broth, lemon juice, and capers. This will only take a couple of more minutes. Put the sauce over the chicken and serve!
I served over zucchini noodles, but pasta is likewise an alternative if not following a grain-free diet plan. Leading with extra capers, fresh parsley and serve warm. SOOOOOOO delicious! This got a big thumbs up from the entire household. This also sets well with my Skillet Creamy Lemon Brussels Sprouts or Roasted Lemon Garlic Broccoli for an easy supper.
Walnuts: Can you utilize a various type of nut? Definitely! Pecans, almonds, or perhaps pistachios work well in this dish
Chicken Broth: If not following a rigorous Whole30 diet, a dry white red wine (like a chardonnay), also elevates this meal a couple of notches. I like it!
- 4 medium sized chicken breasts
- 1 cupwalnuts
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 lemons
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 table spoon drained capers
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp arrowroot starchoptional
- 1 tbsp water
- Begin by heating up a big frying pan to medium high heat.
- While pan is heating, pound chicken breasts so they are about 1/2 inch thick. Season with salt and pepper
- Pulse walnuts in a food mill up until it resembles a corse crumbly mixture, location inside a shallow bowl.
- Place experienced chicken breasts in the walnut finishing, getting both sides.
Include 2 tbsp olive oil to the skillet, and all the chicken breasts into the pan. Prepare for roughly 2-3 minutes per side. If your pan is too hot, eliminate from heat to avoid burning the walnuts.
- Juice among the lemons, and slice the other for serving (or juice it for the sauce if you want it EXTRA lemon-y, get used to your taste).
- Now make the lemon sauce: add the staying 1 tablespoon olive oil (may require an additional tablespoon), and scrape up any of the brown bits on the pan. Include garlic and cook for about 30 seconds. Add lemon juice, chicken broth, and capers while you continue to scrape around the pan. Sauce should bubble and begin to thicken after 2-3 minutes. You can always add 2 tsp arrowroot starch with 1tbsp water and mix into the sauce if you would like the sauce to be thicker.
- Pour sauce over chicken and serve immediately with lemon slices and chopped parsley.