It’s frittata time! This hearty dish can be served for any meal of the day. This authentic-tasting vegan frittata is baked in the oven, making it especially easy to prepare. With a delish potato and onion base and a fluffy, herb-infused filling, this entrée is a true winner.
Easy Vegan Frittata
Makes 3 to 4 servings
Potato Layer: • 1/4 cup filtered or spring water, plus more as needed
• 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium tamari
• 2 large red or white potatoes (with peel on) very thinly sliced
• 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning blend
More Healthy & Deliceous Recipes
• 1/2 cup minced fresh onion
• 2 tablespoons rolled oats
• 1 block (about 15 ounces), extra firm or firm regular tofu
• 3 tablespoons nondairy milk • 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning blend
• 1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium tamari
• 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
• 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
• 4 cups (light packed) baby spinach
• 1/8 sweet or smoked paprika
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Liberally coat a 9- or 10-inch round quiche pan with vegan margarine.
2. Place all the potato layer ingredients in a large skillet in the order listed above. Cover and cook on medium-low heat for 15 to 18 minutes, or until the potatoes are almost fork tender, flipping them over halfway through cooking. Check often and add more water, 2 tablespoons at a time, as needed to prevent sticking.
3. Meanwhile, put the rolled oats in a blender and process to a coarse flour. Add the tofu, nondairy milk, Italian seasoning, tamari and turmeric and process until smooth.
4. Arrange all of the potato mixture in an even layer in the prepared quiche pan. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon sea salt over the top. Spread 1/3 of the tofu mixture evenly over the potatoes. Top with all the spinach, pressing it down firmly. Carefully pour the remaining tofu mixture over the spinach and gently spread it in an even layer over the spinach using a rubber spatula.
5. Sprinkle the paprika over the top of the frittata. Tent with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
6. Remove the foil and bake for 15 to 20 minutes more, or until the frittata is set. Put the pan on a wire rack and loosen the sides of the frittata with a knife. Let cool for 12 to 15 minutes and slice in to wedges. Serve warm.
Article source: http://www.jazzyvegetarian.com/blog/easy_vegan_frittata
Watch the Video Below for More Info... Then Click the Blue Button Below for All the Details!