Soup is something I enjoy and crave this time of year. I’m not outside much throughout the week due to the fact that I work from house , there’s nothing better than sitting down to a big ol’ bowl of piping hot soup on a cold day. Soup is the peak of home cooking, and I could not enjoy it any more in January.
Soup’s on! Growing up, I used to frequent Panera quite a bit. In a giant bread bowl.
This soup is impressive. In every form, method, and shape.
A lot of scrumptious things Roasted broccoli is so much sweeter and mouthwatering-er than boiled or raw broccoli. I can’t believe I enjoy roasted broccoli enough to call it mouthwatering, but that’s where we are and I’m so not mad about it. We’ll also roast some garlic while we’re at it! You know that super strong and almost spicy flavor of raw garlic? Yeah, that all goes away and vanishes into a ooey gooey pool of sweet caramelized goodness. Roasted garlic might simply be the single best food in the history of forever.
And then the cheese! Which is available in the form of
Bob’s Red Mill’s dietary yeast ! I like having dietary yeast on hand since it is: cheesy and nutty in flavor (without any dairy!).
- completely 100% vegan.
- a fab source of vitamin B12.
- Now, let’s spend a sec on that last item. Vitamin B12 is a vital vitamin. that helps. with neurological function. ( to name a few crucial bodily things). Vitamin B12 is found naturally in foods like meats, cheese, and eggs, so it’s crucial for vegetarians and vegans to get some vitamin B12 in their diet plans by means of a supplement or through vitamin B12-enriched foods … like dietary yeast! * Nutritional yeast is scrumptious on popcorn, in. hummus and now in vegan broccoli & & cheese soup. I love keeping the stuff on-hand for whenever I’m feeling a bit … cheesy. * ps. I’m not a medical professional. Make certain to ask your medical care doctor prior to adding vitamin B12 to your diet plan if you have any questions or issues!
I hope you like this soup, buddies! Super reassuring and warm, and it reminds me of bellying up to a giant bowl of broccoli & & cheese soup as a kid.
PLUS. I served my own with.
Cheez-It Roasted Chickpeas which are among my preferred snacks EVER. This whole thing makes me all sort of delighted. Delight in!
Vegan Roasted Broccoli and Cheese Soup.
More Recipe Ideas & Resources
- 1 head garlic
- 4 loading cups broccoli.
- 5 Tbsp. olive oil.
- salt + pepper.
- 1/2 vidalia onion, diced.
- 3 Tbsp. versatile gluten free flour.
- 2 cups vegetable broth.
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk.
- 7-9 Tablespoon.
- Bob’s Red Mill Nutritional Yeast. 1/8 tsp. cayenne (optional).
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice.
- For serving
- Cheez-It Roasted Chickpeas. Instructions.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- After 15 minutes, eliminate the pan and include your broccoli florets. Toss with another 1 Tablespoon. Roast for another 30 minutes, or until the garlic and broccoli is tender.
- Toss them in a food processor and pulse them until they are bite-sized if your broccoli florets are rather big. Reserve.
- Include 1 Tablespoon. olive oil to a medium pot over medium heat. Include diced onion, season with salt and pepper, and saut\u00e9 up until translucent, about 3 minutes. While the onion is cooking, mash 5-6 roasted garlic cloves with a fork or mortar & & pestle – add a small pinch of salt to assist them break down. Include your mashed roasted garlic to the pot and permit it to melt slightly into the onion, another 2 minutes.
- Add 3 Tablespoon. Cook up until all of the flour is absorbed into the oil, then add your veggie broth and almond milk.
- Add your dietary yeast, 2 Tbsp. at a time, stirring in between each additional. Taste after 7 Tbsp. and add more if preferred – I wound up with 8 Tablespoon. overall. Give a low boil.
- Include your broccoli and stir to integrate. Thoroughly taste (it’s hot!), and change flavoring if needed. Add cayenne if wanted.
- Get rid of from heat and add your 1 Tbsp. lemon juice to cheer up the tastes. Serve with Cheez-It Roasted Chickpeas if preferred.