I have a minor obsession with Chicken Tacos, or as I lovingly describe them– Tikken Chakos. I could consume them each and every single day and I ‘d probably never ever get ill of it. Utilizing lettuce leaves rather of flour tortillas, however, not only makes it a completely healthy meal, but still a flavor-packed taco.
If I didn’t supervise, Cody would most likely put every meal we make in a flour tortilla, and evenhehas concerned enjoy utilizing lettuce covers for our low-carb tacos.
So, believe it or not, we love these Low-Carb Shredded Chicken Tacos just as much as the carby kind. I do not feel bad stating that this is The Very Best Shredded Chicken Taco dishes on the web.
In my viewpoint, the only way to have chicken tacos is shredded, and when you boil chicken in a very tasty broth, it truly does make all the difference. Not only does this make for extremely easy cooking, but the taste is simply top notch.
Using just a little chicken broth and a best mix of spices, I completely wouldn’t mind eating the shredded chicken and broth as a shredded chicken soup– it’s that scrumptious!
Now, when you take that and include all the normal chicken taco goodies:
- sour cream,
- fresh Pico de Gallo
- shredded cheese
- ( and a few black beans if you’re a bean enthusiast like Cody).
You’re left with mouth-wateringly scrumptious tacos. I promise.
It barely takes 20 minutes to make from start to finish. Mexican Shredded Chicken Tacos for dinner EVERY night!
What to serve with Mexican Shredded Chicken Tacos:.
- The Very Best Fresh Guacamole.
- Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice.
- Rustic Black and Kidney Refried Beans.
Back to low-carb tacos. If you enjoy this kind of yumminess– inspect out these other lettuce and low-carb tacos/wraps we have:.
- Low-Carb Mini Cheese Tacos.
- Blackened Mahi Lettuce Tacos with Cajun Remoulade.
- Ground Beef Lettuce Wrap with Cilantro.
How to make Healthy Shredded Chicken Tacos:
Easy Shredded Chicken Taco Dish:
- 2 boneless/skinless chicken breasts [butterflied]
- 2 cups.– chicken broth [enough to cover the chicken]
- 2 tsp chili powder.
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 12 craftsmen romaine lettuce leafs [or any lettuce that has a little cup type] to taste
- sour cream to taste – fresh pico de gallo.to taste/optional
- black beans to taste – shredded cheese of option
- Add the chicken, chicken broth, lime juice, salt and spices to a small/medium sauce pan. Make sure that the liquid covers the chicken. Give a boil and after that simmer for roughly 10 minutes
- Shred the chicken with 2 forks. I like to add it back to the liquid so it can absorbs some of the broth throughout all the shreds
- Now assembled you lettuce tacos: lettuce, sour cream, chicken, pico de gallo, black beans and cheese
Add the chicken, chicken broth, lime juice, salt and spices to a small/medium sauce pan. Be sure that the liquid covers the chicken. Bring to a boil and then simmer for approximately 10 minutes.