This is my kind of food!
More Healthy & Deliceous Recipes
A basic tray-baked chicken dish packed with Mediterranean tastes.
I like to brown the chicken initially and roast it along with plump cherry tomatoes, red onions, and white beans. It comes out all sticky and caramelized.
I have 2 tricks- the very first is to utilize marinated artichoke hearts and bocconcini (bite-size mozzarella balls). The garlicky/vinegary marinade adds incredible taste to the meal without having to do a thing. The 2nd technique is to toss in plently of fresh herbs right prior to serving. Fresh basil and parsley will make your kitchen area odor out of this world!
If you can marinate your chicken ahead of time, this dish will taste even better. If you’re pushed for time, just skip it. It will still be very great.
Serve this with homemade bread and a great green salad. Any leftovers are fantastic blended through with pasta.
* UPDATE- Considering that posting this Mediterranean baked chicken, I have actually created a couple of variations that you may delight in:
- Make sure to utilize a baking meal bigger than 9x 13 inches. A big roasting pan is ideal. Overcrowding will trigger the components to steam rather than caramelize. Usage 2 pans if essential..
- 1x 14 oz. jar of marinated artichoke hearts, juice just.
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced.
- 4 sprigs of fresh oregano, leaves removed.
- 1 1/2 pounds. boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- 2 tablespoon. olive oil, divided.
- 1 little red onion, thinly sliced.
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, left whole.
- reserved artichoke hearts.
- 1x 14 oz. can white beans, drained pipes & & washed.
- 1/4 c. approximately sliced Kalamata olives.
- 1x 8 oz. tub marinaded bocconcini (mini-mozzarella balls), drained.
- freshly ground black pepper.
- 1/4 c. approximately sliced parsley.
- 2 tbsp. basil leaves, cut into ribbons.
- Marinade: drain pipes the artichokes hearts scheduling the juice. To a big bowl, add 2 tbsp. of artichoke juice, oregano, and garlic leaves.
- Cut the chicken into thirds, about 1 1/2- inch strips. Include to the bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, and cool for a minimum of 1 hour, maximum 3 hours.
- Bake: preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Include 1 tablespoon of olive oil, chopped onions, and tomatoes to a large roasting pan. Season with salt and pepper and toss to integrate. Roast on the center rack stirring occasionally, until the onions are soft and the tomatoes begin to burst, about 15-20 minutes.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. The chicken will be a little undercooked.
- Pat the artichokes dry with a paper towel. Cut into quarters.
- Get rid of the roasting pan from the oven; the onions must be soft and sticky. If not, bake for an extra 3-5 minutes.
- Add the chicken, artichoke olives, beans, and hearts to the pan (not the bocconcini- if you include the cheese too early it will melt all over the location). Roast for about 7-10 minutes until the chicken is prepared through.
- To serve, include the cheese and toss carefully. The heat from the pan will soften the cheese.
- Top with parsley and basil leaves, and drizzle with extra artichoke juice if wanted.