Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Recipe with Bacon
More Recipe Ideas & Resources
I’ve had such a busy week and didn’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen preparing dinner. Knowing that I don’t have to stop everything I’m doing to prepare dinner late in the afternoon is so nice, especially with 2 babies 2 and under. That time of day everything just seems to go haywire around here.
So, I was looking on Pinterest for a recipe that I could throw together for dinner when I got the inspiration to make this Creamy Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Recipe with Bacon. I saw lots of recipes for Crack Chicken, but I find that recipe to be too cream cheesy tasting (if that is even a word.) In this recipe, I reduced the amount of cream cheese, added some spices, heavy whipping cream, and cheddar cheese to give it a completely different flavor. It turned out perfectly!
This is such a delicious meal all in one dish! You can serve this with your favorite roasted broccoli or cauliflower as a complete meal. The best part? Everyone in your family will enjoy this recipe – even those who aren’t on a low carb or keto diet plan!
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breastsdepending on how many people you are serving
- 3 table spoonsbutter
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 3 pieces of cooked baconcrumbled
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1 3/4 cupcheese
- 3 pieces of baconcrumbled
- salt/pepper to taste
- Find the Instant Pot version of this recipe here .
- Add chicken and next 6 ingredients to slow cooker.
- Crumble 3 pieces of cooked bacon on the top of the chicken.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 to 3 1/2.
- Add heavy whipping cream to slow cooker.
- Dollop cream cheese on top and stir to combine all ingredients.
- Using 2 forks, shred chicken in slow cooker.
- Add 1 3/4 cups of cheddar cheese (or more if you’d like) then crumble 3 pieces of cooked bacon on top.
- Place the top back on the slow cooker and allow cheese to melt.