I enjoy this side with breakfast, like with a chorizo omelet, but it also works really well for dinner, like with steak or chicken. And it’s a really delicious method to present more potatoes to your diet! (Me, I don’t have that concern. Potatoes throughout the day every day).
More Healthy & Deliceous Recipes
Add in the ease of sheet pan cooking and this dish is a slam-dunk, home-run, out-of-the-park, and any other great sports example you can think up.
With recipe, you’ll desire whatever fresh. I’ve always discovered that fresh garlic and herbs have way much better flavor than their dried or preserved counterparts. And with these potatoes, flavor is whatever.
Truly the only part of this recipe that may make you believe twice is the caramelized onions, due to the fact that traditionally they take foreeeeeever and a lot of babysitting the stove. A couple of days ago I posted how to cut that time in half which is truly a life saver!
In all, the steps are pretty easy. Cut up your potatoes (red potatoes work best in my opinion), toss them with the olive oil, garlic and herbs, roast them on an excellent ol’ sheet pan with the onions, and serve with fresh feta cheese and Italian parsley. This is such a delicious and easy side that works with nearly every meal– I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
PS– take a look at the ingredient list. Does anybody else have Scarborough Fair stuck in their head now? Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme ….
Sheet Pan Roasted Mediterranean Potatoes.
- 1 pound child or red potatoes, cut into bite sized pieces.
- 1 TB olive oil.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced.
- 1 TB rosemary, sliced.
- 1 tsp. thyme, sliced.
- pinch of salt, to taste.
- 1/4 c. caramelized onions.
- 1/8 c. collapsed feta cheese.
- 1 TB Italian parsley, chopped.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 F.
- In a big bowl, position the potatoes, olive oil rosemary, garlic and thyme and toss until the potatoes are fully covered.
- Spread them in a single layer on the sheet pan and season lightly with salt. Leading with the caramelized onions.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or up until the potatoes are fork tender. Broil for extra 3-5 minutes to choice if you desire some additional crispiness or color.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and serve tossed with the feta cheese and Italian parsley.