I’m bowl obsessed these days and Roasted Broccoli Chickpea Quinoa Bowls are NO exception.
I mean, why does whatever in bowl-form taste so good?
Here, there’s just something about the fluffy quinoa, the roasted veggies and lots and lots of mapley sauce all hanging out together in a bowl at dinnertime … and the larger the bowl, the better!
This dish is not just excellent, friends, it’s so excellent!
MATERIALIZING FOOD EASY AND DELICIOUS WITH ROASTED BROCCOLI CHICKPEA QUINOA BOWLS …
This quinoa bowl recipe is made completely gluten complimentary, dairy complimentary and vegetarian-friendly and it’s so easy to make that supper will be prepared in simply over thirty minutes.
Due to the fact that who could not use more simple and fast, extremely good-for-you suppers in their lives, right?!
What genuine food active ingredients will you require to make this broccoli and chickpea quinoa recipe?
As the name indicates, broccoli, chickpeas and quinoa are the real stars here. You’ll likewise need fresh parsley, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, maple syrup and a touch of dried dill.
What else will you need to make this dish?
- Baking sheet lined with a baking mat or parchment paper
- Medium-sized pot with a tight-fitting lid
- Cutting board
- Chef’s knife
- Blending bowl
- Can opener
Roasted Broccoli Chickpea Quinoa Bowls are a fast and easy supper choice packed with superfood ingredients! This healthy quinoa broccoli bowl dish is made with roasted vegetables that are lightly sweetened maple syrup dressing, making it completely gluten vegetarian-friendly and totally free. It’s so easy to make that supper will be ready in no-time or make it ahead of time for a scrumptious meal prep lunch all week long.
For the Bowl
- 1 cup.canned chickpeas, drained, washed well and patted dry.
- 1.small lot of broccoli, cut into mini florets (about 3 cup.s).
- 1 tablespoon.oil (I like avocado oil here).
- Salt and Pepper.
- 3/4 cup.raw quinoa.
- 1 1/2 cup.s water or stock.
- 1/2 cup.fresh parsley, roughly sliced.
For the Dressing
- 5 tablespoon.s extra virgin olive oil.
- 1.–.2.tablespoons pure maple syrup.
- 1 tablespoon.apple cider vinegar.
- 1 teaspoon.Dijon mustard.
- Pinch of salt.
- 1/8 teaspoon.dried dill (optional).
- Garnish with additional parsley, sliced green onions, dried cranberries or raw pumpkin seeds.
For the Bowl
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- Transfer chickpeas and broccoli to the prepared baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil and spray with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until chickpeas are crispy and broccoli is browned and tender, making sure to stir the broccoli mix half method through.
- While the veggies are roasting, make the quinoa. Include quinoa to a medium-sized pot over high heat with 1 1/2 cups of water or stock. Give boil, then decrease heat to low, cover and let quinoa cook till all the water is absorbed, about 12 minutes.
- Get rid of from heat and let quinoa cool a little.
For the Dressing
- In a big mixing bowl, blend the oil, maple syrup, vinegar, mustard, salt and dill (if using) till smooth and constant.
Putting together the bowl
- Fold the slightly cooled quinoa into the dressing in the large blending bowl. Add in about 1/3 of the roasted broccoli and chickpea mix together with the chopped parsley and mix until well integrated.
- For serving, part quinoa into about 4 portions (or 2 large portions) and topped each part with remaining roasted broccoli and chickpeas. Garnish with sliced green onion, more parsley, dried cranberries or raw pumpkin seeds.
HOW TO MAKE THIS QUINOA BROCCOLI BOWL …
I am so excited to share this dish with you! (I understand I state that weekly however I’m totally severe each and every single time!).
The base of this dish is, of course, quinoa. Just the plain, white fluffy things works splendidly here.
And you might have noticed that I have actually been caring quinoa for rather a long time now (see. here. here and. here. ) and I simply can’t stop. And, to be truthful, I don’t desire to stop!
And, obviously, there’s the broccoli. If there is any other method to consume all the broccoli this time of year, it’s roasted just slightly crispy … as. It’s so basic, yet so excellent with just a touch of oil and salt and pepper.
I swear this bowl gets back at much better with chickpeas, roasted up until crispy excellence.
The chickpeas are roasted along with the broccoli to make life simple and tidy even much easier. Roasting the chickpeas provide them amazing texture and flavour and chew and they actually take this quinoa bowl to delicious.
Do NOT avoid out on the chickpeas.
I truly believe a sauce can make or break your recipe. And this maple-dijon dressing totally connects the quinoa and roasted broccoli and crispy chickpeas together so well.
[Keep in mind: I have gotten a few remarks about the dressing being too sweet and I desired to discuss that … I do have a fairly sweet palate (meaning I like things on the sweet side rather than the salty or acidic or bitter side) so if you tend to not like things on the sweeter side of things start with 1/2 tablespoon of maple syrup in the dressing and contribute to taste from there.] AND PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER!
MORE ABOUT THIS CLEAN-EATING QUINOA AND BROCCOLI RECIPE WITH ROASTED CHICKPEAS …
Quick and EASY suppers are my jam right now …
The chocolate to my peanut butter. The mocha to my latte. The protein to my morning smoothie.
… You get the point.
Call it what you will, but I’m feeling a little out of balance these days. In between work and reality things like the mountain of filthy clothes in my laundry space, keeping up with the online course I’m taking right now and my social calendar (which typically is empty, so with things to do multiple times a week it’s a little odd for me), I feel like life have been completely insane recently.
All of this to state, I have limited time for supper making AND supper eating these days. Which also suggests that my night meal requires to be prepared and simple pronto.
That’s why I love this broccoli chickpea quinoa bowl dish a lot. It’s relatively low upkeep and clean up yet very scrumptious and healthy.
It’s recipes like this one that helps me keep genuine foods and clean eating a top priority when my to-do list is too long to want to confess and life seems like more of a balancing act than anything else.
And I understand what you’re thinking, we’re all hectic, I get it! And I should not complain.
My point here is this …You can be busy hectic have a hectic busy or jammed-packed schedule this week AND you can still make the choice option choose pick genuine. Sure, it’s a lot easier when you’re prepared (hi, meal planning and a little bit of weekend prep) or have a handful of incredibly quick and simple recipes (like this one!!) however hearing individuals state they don’t have the time to eat healthy completely breaks my heart.
Do not get me incorrect … I lured by take-out just as much as the next woman some nights (and some nights, take-out wins) however more frequently than not what we have for supper is still rooted in caring about the ingredients I take into my body. I feel good due to the fact that when I consume good. And when I feel excellent I am so much more likely to deal with that to-do list and social calendar head on (… instead of feeling puffed up and so nasty I don’t desire to get off the couch).
Even though this is an extremely hectic season of my life, I’m happy I’m able to make tidy consuming and real foods a top priority and keep make better food choices more frequently.
I HOPE YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO! IF YOU GIVE THIS BROCCOLI CHICKPEA QUINOA BOWLS DISH A SHOT ALLOW ME TO KNOW IN THE REMARKS LISTED BELOW AND MAKE CERTAIN TO SHARE An IMAGE ON.
More Recipe Ideas & Resources