We’re all so busy at this time of year, we forget to look after ourselves in some cases, do not we?
More Recipe Ideas & Resources
With lots of indoor activities, and kids passing around bacteria, it’s simple to capture whatever’s walking around. We have to remember to take care of ourselves, or we end up run down and ill.
A healthy smoothie is a great choice for breakfast on busy days. Toss everything in the blender, provide it a try, and you’re great to go You don’t need a Vitamix to make an incredibly smoothie, this mixer is SO effective, and a fraction of the rate. Plus, you can include on this. go and mix shake container which is actually convenient. (affiliate links).
This one has plenty of anti-oxidants and vitamin C from all the berries and fresh kiwi Did you know that one kiwi has more than 100% of the suggested everyday worth of vitamin C? And it has a rare form of vitamin E that’s fat-free.
Consuming a range of berries is very great for you as you get a variety of anti-oxidants. You could also include some blackberries to this healthy smoothie if you desire.
I utilized orange juice for included vitamin C and calcium, however you might utilize water and even cranberry juice if you choose.
Tips for making this triple berry smoothie
- If you discover that your frozen berries or the kiwi are too tart, you can add a little maple syrup or honey to sweeten this if required, or any sweetener that works for your diet.
- Occasionally frozen strawberries are on the tart side– so if fresh fruit is in season, you can use that instead if you prefer!
- You could even throw some fresh kale or spinach in here if you desired to include more anti-oxidants and iron. It should not change the flavor, however it will alter the color– it won’t be such a lively shade of deep pink.
- You can likewise include chia seeds,. flax seed meal or. hemp seed hearts. If you are interested in adding some protein and healthy fats to this shake,( affiliate links). I didn’t choose to do that this time, however it’s an excellent alternative if you want this to have more remaining power between meals.
- 1 cup frozen strawberries.
- 3/4 cup frozen raspberries.
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries.
- 2 kiwifruit peeled and sliced.
- 1.cup orange juice.
Location the frozen berries in the blender and let them thaw for about 10 minutes.
Add the kiwifruit and the orange juice and blend on high till smooth.
Leading with more kiwi or berries if preferred.