Want to know how to get dinner on the table in 15 minutes? Try this fast and Easy Taco Salad. It is among our summertime time favorites when we don’t want to spend a lots of time in the kitchen area..
Oh, summer season, how I like you! I love your long sunny days. You make me pleased.
Anybody else get lazy in the kitchen in the summertime? I know I do. I am all about keeping it easy so I can have more time to be outdoors doing all the enjoyable summer things. Today I am visiting to share one of my favorite quick and easy summertime dishes: Taco Salad. It can be tossed together in just minutes and is filled with healthy goodness.
Pre-washing your salad greens before you keep them makes this process even much faster. Basically for this taco salad, all you have to prepare is the ground meat, which takes about 5 minutes. (Oh, and BTW, this taco salad taste uh-may-zing with my. dairy complimentary ranch dressing. .).
I know that taco salad typically has corn tortillas, however in order to make this recipe a bit healthier, I like to utilize plantain chips instead. Plantain chips are made from banana’s slightly larger, starchier, less sweet cousin. They can be discovered in numerous grocery stores and online. HERE. We use than often as little scoopers for various dips and spreads. You can even use them to make nachos.
The recipe below will make 2 very big taco salads for dinner OR 3-4 smaller sized taco salads for lighter lunches or meals. Hope you delight in!
VELVETY AVOCADO DRESSING.
- 1.avocado, pitted and peeled.
- 1/3 cup.coconut cream (the thick stuff from the top of a complete fat coconut milk can).
- 3 tbsp.olive oil (I use. THIS. natural brand).
- 1/4 cup.water.
- 1.jam-packed cup fresh cilantro.
- 1.clove of garlic, peeled.
- juice from.1/2.lime.
- 1/4 tsp.unrefined salt.
- a pinch of black pepper.
- optional: 1/4 tsp chili powder.
- additional water for thinning.
- 1.large head of romaine lettuce, chopped.
- 1.avocado, sliced.
- 1 cup.cherry tomatoes.
- 1/3 cup.green onions, sliced.
- 1.red pepper, diced.
- 1.yellow pepper, diced.
- 1 cup.of plantain chips (. like this. ).
- To make dressing: Integrate all dressing ingredients in a blender and procedure until creamy smooth. Change for salt and pepper. Thin with extra water to wanted consistency.
- For taco meat: Integrate spices and salt in a small bowl and reserved. Heat a large skillet on medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of fat of choice and saute ground meat for 1 minute. Add spices and cook up until meat is prepared through. Switch off heat.
- For salad: Combine salad active ingredients in bowl. Add spiced ground meat and drizzle with creamy avocado dressing. Enjoy!
Article source: http://www.savorylotus.com/quick-easy-taco-salad/