As much as I love the taste of vegan meat replacements, they are frequently quite processed and a bit hard to digest. I much choose fresh, whole foods like these meaty, tasty Portobellos Gyros!
More Recipe Ideas & Resources
The shining star of this dish is Vegan Worchestershire sauce. It lends the best quantity of complexity to the flavor of the Portobello Gyros without the problem of distributing a lot of active ingredients. Numerous Worchestershire sauces are vegan, but some contain fish sauce so make certain to inspect the label. I like Annie’s Organics brand. I discovered it at my local natural food store and it’s likewise carried online.
I swear I might eat portobello mushrooms every day! They are so excellent, particularly in these Portobello Gyros.
- 2 portobello caps, sliced.
- 2 tbsp vegan worcestershire sauce.
- 1 tsp cumin.
- 1 tsp maple syrup.
- 1/2 cup. Raw Hemp Tzatziki.
- 2 pitas.
- Put the marinade over the portobello slices and stir until equally combined. Prepare the Raw Tzatziki.
- With a bit of water or cooking oil, saut\u00e9 the mushrooms for 4-5 minutes. Eliminate from heat and let cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Warm 2 pitas in a skillet, roughly ten seconds on each side. Divide the portobello gyros between the two pitas and top every one with 1/4 Raw Tzatziki. The portobello gyros will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Serves 2.