I think many would state that the finest part of any steak sub is the steak smothered in hot, melted cheese. And I’m not gon na earn it up with cauliflower rice either.
More Recipe Ideas & Resources
I enjoy meals that can be prepared in advance, and these Keto Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers are a best meal to make ahead to part out for low-carb lunches or a quick dinner.
Grain-Free Keto Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
Prep Time15 minutes |.Cook Time15 minutes |.Total Time30 minutes.
Nutritional Information4g Net Carbs
If you enjoy the meat and only nibble on the pepper, these Keto Philly Cheesesteaks are simply 1 net carbohydrate each!
- 4 green peppers.
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil.
- 1/4 cup sliced onions.
- 1 tsp minced garlic.
- 1 lb shaved beef steak.
- 2 tablespoon mayo.
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard.
- 5 pieces pepper jack cheese.
- salt & & pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Cut the complement the green peppers, and place them in the oven, on a flat pan to prepare for about 10 minutes. Cut around the stem of the green pepper tops (dispose of those), and slice up the additional green pepper that’s left.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, add salted butter, and as soon as melted, add onions, green peppers, and garlic, cooking for about two minutes.
- Add shaved steak to the pan, then generously salt and pepper the meat. Brown the meat up until totally prepared, slicing with your spatula as you go. Add 1 piece of cheese, and mix up until melted. Eliminate from heat, and toss with mayonnaise and dijon mustard.
- Take the green peppers out of the oven when they’re soft, but not too soft to stuff. There ought to be some juice in the bottom of the shells, don’t dump it, it includes taste! Optionally, you can include a little additional cheese to the bottom of each shell for extra cheesiness!
- Spoon steak mix into the green pepper shells, then leading each with a piece of cheese.
- Include back into the oven to broil for about 3-5 minutes or till the cheese is melted to your liking, then serve hot.