Paleo Chicken Pad Thai combines butternut squash noodles, lots of veggies for texture and taste, and is sprinkled with the most tasty velvety lime almond butter sauce! This kid-friendly variation is not spicy, however complete of flavor. You’ll enjoy this for a healthy and easy weeknight supper!
I am now consumed with butternut squash noodles. They have this velvety nutty texture that is WAY better than pasta noodles. So how numerous times did I make them this week? Oh I’m pleased you asked! Just 4 times. And this week, I have them on my list to make at least 5 more.
Paleo Chicken Pad Thai
I’m getting a bit off topic. Paleo Chicken Pad Thai was born after my kids required what they call peanut butter pasta for supper. It has the most delicious Thai peanut sauce and is served over pasta with chicken and veggies.
More Recipes & Healthy Food Ideas
Because we never ever seem to have peanut butter in your home any longer, I made an almond butter sauce. I changed it up a bit from my normal sauce, including some lime and making it velvety with some flax milk (any dairy free milk will work). And the arise from my main taste testers?
I was able to get them to attempt some butternut squash noodles with a mix of regular pasta. I also altered up the veggies a bit and included in some purple cabbage.
How to make:
To make things really simple, I baked the chicken and the noodles on the very same pan while I made the sauce. Conserving time and dishes, to make this dinner all set in less than 30 minutes!
You can also select the stovetop variation, in either case you WIN!
Include in that additional crunch with chopped almonds or cashews. You might have more sauce than you need, but you can reserve for another day, or as a dipping sauce with veggies.
- For the Pad Thai:
- 1poundchicken breast or tenders *.
- 2.butternut squash bulbs.
- 2.tbsp.avocado or olive oil.
- 1.red bell pepper.sliced and de-seeded.
- 2.carrots.chopped or julienned.
- 1/2.cup.chopped red cabbage.
- 1/4.cup.chopped green onion.
- 1/2.cup.chopped almonds or cashews.
- 1/4.sliced fresh cilantro.optional.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- For the sauce:.
- 1/2.cup.almond butter.
- 1/3.cup.cashew milk.or your favorite dairy-free milk.
- 3.tbsp.raw honey.
- 1.tbsp.toasted sesame oil.
- 2.tbsp.coconut aminos or soy sauce.
- 1.tsp.minced ginger.
- 1.tablespoon.apple cider vinegar.
- Juice of 1/2 lime.
Begin by warming your oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and reserved. To utilize the stovetop variation, see the notes area below..
- Salt and pepper your chicken breasts (ensure they are roughly around the same size for even cooking). Put on the baking sheet.
( note that thicker noodles need at least 20-25 minutes, thinner noodles may be done faster). Salt and pepper both the chicken and the noodles. Location in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or till chicken is cooked all the method.
- Make the sauce: in a blender or food processor, pulse together almond butter, honey, sesame oil, coconut aminos, garlic, lime, ginger, and vinegar. While motor is running, pour in cashew milk. Continue to pulse up until sauce is velvety and well integrated.
- Saute carrots and bell pepper for 2-3 minutes. Blend together eggs, and add them to the pan. Continue to prepare another 2-3 minutes or till eggs are scrambled.
- Remove chicken and butternut squash noodles from the oven. Cut chicken into small pieces. Toss chicken and noodles into a big bowl. Now include eggs and carrot/pepper mix. Include in cabbage, cilantro, and almonds or cashews. Continue to toss and pour the sauce on top of the mixture (you might not wish to utilize the entire sauce). Mix around until well integrate.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve!
* Chicken breast tenders are chosen given that they will cook uniformly. If you have just chicken breast, cut them into even strips.
** To make on the stovetop, saute the butternut noodles first with avocado or olive oil for 5-7 minutes. Remove from pan and keep warm. Next, prepare the chicken after cutting into bite sized pieces. When chicken is practically cooked, include the egg..