These easy Mexican Stuffed Zucchini make a balanced dinner with whole grains, vegetables & plant protein! Top with avocado & cashew cheese for more flavor. Recipe and photos contributed to Oh My Veggies Potluck by Emilie Eats.
More Healthy & Deliceous Recipes
Mexican Stuffed Zucchini
These easy Mexican Stuffed Zucchini make a balanced dinner with whole grains, vegetables & plant protein! Top with avocado & cashew cheese for more flavor.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 3 servings
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1 package Hodgson Mill Sorghum, Quinoa & Brown Rice – Chipotle
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup corn, canned or frozen
- ½ cup salsa
- ½ avocado, diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- Toppings: vegan cashew cheese, sliced black olives, diced tomatoes, sliced jalapeños, enchilada sauce
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Chop the hard ends off the zucchini. Slice each in half lengthwise. Scoop out the inside of each half, leaving them about ½-inch thick. Set aside the scooped out zucchini. Place the zucchini halves in a 9×13 casserole dish. Bake for 15 minutes, then set aside.
- Cook sorghum mixture according to package directions.
- Warm a skillet over medium heat; add a little oil or water. Finely chop the reserved zucchini that you scooped out; add to skillet. Cook for 4-5 minutes, until tender.
- Add black beans, corn, salsa and spinach; stir. Cook until corn is cooked through (if frozen), about 5-7 minutes. Add cooked sorghum mixture; stir to combine evenly.
- Scoop filling mixture into each zucchini half. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until zucchini is tender.
- Top with avocado, chopped cilantro, and other desired toppings.
You will have leftover filling after stuffing the zucchini. I like to save the leftovers to serve over greens for an easy lunch!
Article source: https://ohmyveggies.com/mexican-stuffed-zucchini/