Mediterranean White Chicken Enchiladas – Made with shredded chicken, Italian cheeses, bell peppers and yogurt sauce, Chicken Enchiladas never tasted so good!!
Mediterranean White Chicken Enchiladas … This.Is.Awesome. And I can’t wait to tell you about it!
Hi-ya, friends! How goes it? Wanna talk about cheese and enchiladas for a quick minute?
This recipe might look like too much work for a weekday, it might even look a bit aggressive, but rest assured, it is NOT. By now you should know my games and my tricks; I don’t make things that are complicated. I don’t even know how to do that… unnnnntil… Chopped calls and tells me they’ve got a basket for me! Chopped!
Okay, let’s be real. Chopped didn’t call. I’m just messin’ with ya. Okay, but they did. Indirectly.
More Healthy & Deliceous Recipes
You see, that recipe title is not a typo. This Mexiterranean/Mexitalian fusion was inspired by a Chopped challenge.
So, you know Sargento®? The 100% real, delicious, natural cheese cut from blocks? Of course you do.
Well. Sargentois hosting a Chopped at Home contest and, just as the show, I was given 4 ingredients to create a delicious meal using Sargento® Chef Blends™ Shredded 6 Cheese Italian , bonelesschicken breasts, Greek yogurt, and a red bell pepper.
THANK the LAWD my basket didn’t contain quail eggs or some tropical fruit that looks like abstract art.
Inevitably I ended up standing in front of the fridge shoveling a bag of Sargento’s Shredded 6 Cheese Italian into my face as I was trying to come up with something. Anything!
Lucky me, I keep my stash of tortillas in the fridge, and as soon as I saw them, it wasn’t long before I started to work on my Chopped recipe. It just felt right.
These white chicken enchiladas feel like an extra special treat because they are filled with very cheesy chicken and topped with a yogurt sauce and roasted red bell pepper.
When cheese, yogurt-sauce and chicken combine, the angels sing. Buhlieve me.
I don’t mean to tell you what to do, but do yourself a favor and grab a bag or few of Sargento® Cheeses, get creative and come up with your best Chopped-inspired dish. THEN, hop over to the Chopped At Home Challenge and enter the contest where YOU could win $10,000 smackaroos!
Also?? Someone please say Grace ’cause I’m about to attack this amazingness!
- 2 tablespoonsolive oil, divided
- 2 to 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 2cupsSargento® Chef Blends™ Shredded 6 Cheese Italian, divided
- 8 Flour Tortillas
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/8 teaspoonsalt
- 3 tablespoonsbutter
- 3 tablespoonsflour
- 2 cupschicken broth
- 1 cupGreek yogurt
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoonItalian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoonchopped fresh parsley, divided
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Grease a 9×13 casserole dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet; add shredded chicken and cook just until heated through.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup Sargento® Chef Blends™ Shredded 6 Cheese Italian.
- Distribute the chicken mixture evenly among the tortillas.
- Roll up the tortillas and place seam side down in the prepared pan. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet.
- Add diced peppers and season with salt.
- Cook for 2 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add butter to pan and melt.
- Stir in flour; continue to stir until moistened.
- Whisk in chicken broth; continue to frequently whisk until sauce is smooth and thickened.
- Stir in the yogurt and prepared peppers.
- Season with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and 1/2 tablespoon fresh parsley.
- Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Remove from heat and pour the sauce over the rolled tortillas.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.