In the history of this young blog site, this is currently the 5th lentil recipe I show you. This time, a Mediterranean spicy spinach lentil soup. Basically a textbook-Mediterranean-diet dish. And if you ever thought lentils were an unappetizing vegetable, the flavors in this 30-minute lentil soup will shock you in a big way!
It is obvious to those who follow this blog site that, of the bean household, I highly favor lentils. Dried lentils are a year-round product in myMediterranean kitchen.
You most likely discovered their neutral taste if you have actually tried plain steamed lentils. Pay closer attention, and you will recognize a subtle sweet taste below. Due to the fact that of that I feel that lentils provide complete permission to have fun with flavoring.
In this lentil dish, I start with onions and garlic prepared in ourPersonal ReserveGreek extra virgin olive oil. Including earthy Mediterranean spices likecumin,corianderandsumac.A pinch of sugar brings the sweet taste out. Crushed red pepper flakes for a spicy kick. And a splash of lime juice for a pick-me-up sour surface!
This Mediterranean spicy spinach lentil soup is a tasty and hearty one-pot dinner! You do not need to add a thing but your favoritepitaor freshly-baked rustic Italian bread. Due to the fact that lentils pack lots of protein and fiber, they make a great alternative for meat. But if you definitely require your meat fix, this lentil soup dish sets well with a quick side of your favorite sausage (I prefer spicy).
One last word, this lentil soup is even better the next day!
Here is the detailed for today’s Spicy Spinach Lentil Soup
In a large ceramic orcast iron pot, heat 2 tbsp olive oil. Prepare for about 2 minutes on medium-high heat stirring frequently.
Raise the heat to high and bring the liquid to a rolling boil; add the frozen spinach and the lentils. Prepare and cover for 20 minutes or up until the lentils are completely cooked to tender.
Once the lentils are completely cooked, stir in the lime juice and sliced parsley. Get rid of from the heat and let sit covered for 5 minutes or so. Serve hot with pita bread or your preferred rustic Italian bread.
A nutritious, flavor-packed spinach lentil soup that comes together in minutes! With earthy Mediterranean spices, lime juice and fresh parsley! Vegan and Gluten-free.
- Private Reserve.Greek Bonus Virgin Olive Oil.
- 1 large yellow onion, carefully sliced.
- 1 big garlic clove, sliced.
- Salt and pepper.
- 1 1/2 tsp.ground coriander.
- 1 1/2 tsp.ground cumin.
- 1 1/2 tsp.sumac.
- 1 1/2 tsp crushed red peppers.
- 2 tsp dried mint flakes.
- Pinch of sugar.
- 1 tablespoon flour.
- 6 cups low-sodium veggie broth.
- 3 cups water, more if required.
- 12 oz frozen cut leaf spinach (no requirement to thaw).
- 1 1/2 cups little brown lentils, washed.
- 1 lime, juice of.
- 2 cups sliced flat leaf parsley.
- In a big ceramic or.cast iron pot., heat 2 tbsp olive oil. Include the chopped onions and sautee until golden brown. Add the garlic, all the spices, dried sugar, mint and flour. Prepare for about 2 minutes on medium heat stirring frequently.
- Raise the heat to high and bring the liquid to a rolling boil; include the frozen spinach and the lentils. Cook and cover for 20 minutes or up until the lentils are totally prepared to tender.
- Once the lentils are fully cooked, stir in the lime juice and chopped parsley. Get rid of from the heat and let sit covered for 5 minutes approximately. Serve hot with pita bread or your preferred rustic Italian bread.
- This recipe uses small brown lentils, if you pick bigger lentils, your cooking time might be longer. If you like, you can soak the lentils in cold water for 20 minutes before cooking to speed things up.
- Recommended for this Dish:.Personal Reserve Greek additional virgin olive oil (from organically grown and processed Koroneiki olives). And from our natural and our organic spice choice:.ground coriander.;.ground cumin.; and.sumac..
- SAVE!.Attempt our.Ultimate Mediterranean Spice Package., or developed your own.6-pack.or.3-pack.from our organic or natural spices! And take a look at the.Greek Olive Oil Bundle!.
Keywords:.Lentil soup, Mediterranean soup.