Now that the weather condition’s warming up, it’s high time for the season of picnics, grill-outs, and outdoor patio parties to begin! Lastly!!
So to commemorate, I believed it was only proper to cool off some hot pasta, toss it with a lot of tangy and fresh ingredients, and toss it in a bowl that’s ideal for circulating the picnic. That’s right, I made you some pasta salad!
More Recipe Ideas & Resources
Due to the fact that if memory serves me ideal, you all sure seem to love a good pasta salad. Last time I examined, my favorite. 5-Ingredient Pasta Salad. was still among the top dishes on this website (and among my all-all-all-time favorites). Not to mention this spring-y. Asparagus & & Arugula Pasta Salad or this lightened-up. Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad or this sweet. Strawberry Caprese Pasta Salad that you likewise have actually appeared to delight in. For something brand-new this year, I believed I ‘d try an easy Mediterranean twist on the classic pasta salad, chocked full of fresh veggies and olives, sprays with plenty of feta, and tossed in a spicy lemon-herb vinaigrette.
The active ingredients for the salad were quite simple:.
- lots of fresh cucumber (I went with an English cucumber, so that you do not have to mess with seeding it).
- ripe cherry tomatoes (or you could use sun-dried tomatoes).
- very finely- sliced up red onion (feel totally free to soak it in cold water ahead of time if you want a less onion-y taste).
- feta cheese galore (I used reduced-fat).
- your preferred kind of pasta.
Then simply work up an easy lemon-herb vinaigrette to provide it a fresh and tasty kick, toss whatever together …
… and this stunning creation will be yours to share and enjoy.
This Mediterranean Pasta Salad recipe is quick and simple to make, it’s tossed with a spicy lemon-herb vinaigrette, and it’s constantly a crowd-pleaser!
Mediterranean Pasta Salad Ingredients
- 12 ounces dry pasta.( I used farfalle).
- 1 English cucumber, diced.
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half.
- 2/3 cup chopped kalamata olives.
- 4 ounces fell apart feta cheese.
- half of a.medium red onion, peeled and thinly sliced.
Lemon-Herb Vinaigrette Ingredients
- 1/4 cup.extra virgin olive oil.
- 3 tablespoon.s red white wine vinegar.
- 1 tablespoon freshly-squeezed lemon juice.
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, minced.
- 1 teaspoon honey.( or your wanted sweetener).
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced.
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes.
To Make The Mediterranean Pasta Salad
- Cook the pasta al dente in a large stockpot of. generously-salted. water according to package directions. Drain pasta, then rinse under cold water for about 20-30 seconds up until no longer hot. Transfer the pasta to a large mixing bowl.
- Include cucumber, tomatoes, kalamata olives, feta cheese, and red onion to the mixing bowl, then drizzle all of the vinaigrette equally on top. Toss up until all of the active ingredients are uniformly covered with the dressing.
- Serve right away, garnished with extra feta and black pepper if desired.
To Make The Lemon-Herb Vinaigrette
- Whisk all ingredients together up until combined.
Article source: http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/mediterranean-pasta-salad/