I’m a believer in the casserole as a dinner solution for busy families, and this loaded cauliflower casserole might just be one of my favorite easy casserole recipes.
This loaded cauliflower casserole is bursting with flavor—all the RIGHT flavors—that is. This casserole takes cauliflower to a whole new level thanks to yummy ingredients like sour cream, lots of cheese and bacon.
Loaded Cauliflower Casserole Recipe
While this isn’t exactly a light (okay, it’s not light AT ALL) recipe, but hey, at least you’re replacing the potatoes or pasta that might have taken up the bulk of a similar casserole recipe with a low-carb vegetable. Three cheers for vegetables!
Even my kids who aren’t typically huge fans of cauliflower love this cheesy and delicious loaded cauliflower casserole recipe.
Come to think of it, and the thought literally just popped into my head, if you wanted to add some more nutrition here you could use half cauliflower and half broccoli in this dish.
Whether this loaded cauliflower casserole is a main dish or a side dish is up for debate.
RELATED: Love casseroles? Don’t miss this amazing Mexican tater tot casserole recipe!
For me, personally, I could easily make a warm bowl of this casserole my entire dinner, but you can serve it alongside your favorite meat and a garden salad.
If you wanted to beef-up the casserole (err… chicken-it-up?) you could shred some rotisserie chicken and add it to the dish prior to baking.
More Healthy & Deliceous Recipes
When I was a kid my mom would always steam a pan of cauliflower and then sprinkle a bunch of cheddar cheese on top. She and I would eat a huge plate of that stuff and it’s what made me grow to love cauliflower when I was younger.
This loaded cauliflower casserole recipe reminds me of the cheesy plates of cauliflower that my mom would whip-up, but WAY BETTER.
The crispy bacon in this cauliflower casserole really sends it over the top. It adds a nice crunch that pairs nicely with the creamy steamed cauliflower and cheese.
This loaded cauliflower casserole recipe is definitely worth giving a try. Be sure to add it to your weekly meal plan this week and let me know how you like it!
Oh, and if you’re interested in utilizing cauliflower in more recipes, you’ll love my cauliflower pizza crust!
More Tasty Dinner Recipes
- 8 slices of bacon, fried crispy
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded colby & monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, divided
- Preheat oven to 370 degrees. Spray a 11×7 (you can also use 13×9) baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Fry bacon in a large skillet until crispy and crumble. Set aside.
- Steam cauliflower until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Combine your sour cream, mayonnaise, ranch seasoning, black pepper in a large bowl. Add the steamed cauliflower florets, 1/2 of the bacon, 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese and 3 tablespoons chives; mix well. Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish and top with your colby & monterey jack cheese and the other half of the bacon.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 5-10 minutes or just until cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown. Garnish casserole with remaining chives.
All images and text ©
. If you would like to share this recipe on a website or social profile, please be sure to properly attribute by linking back to this page. If you share the recipe on your blog, please rewrite it in your own words, and again, include a link back. Thanks so much! 🙂
Article source: http://dearcrissy.com/loaded-cauliflower-casserole-recipe/
Watch the Video Below for More Info... Then Click the Blue Button Below for All the Details!