What’s your idea of a perfect weekend breakfast? For many people, a stack of pancakes with maple syrup is just the thing to start the weekend off right.
To be honest, it took awhile for me to find a good way to make vegan pancakes. When we eliminated eggs and dairy from our diet, I knew that we would have to make some substitutions.
Can vegans eat pancakes?
Yes, they can! Vegans can eat pancakes made without dairy and eggs.
More Healthy & Deliceous Recipes
You might wonder if it’s possible to make delicious vegan pancakes. Thankfully, it is indeed possible, and if you look at the comments below, you will see that many people (myself included), love these more than traditional pancakes.
I started with this recipe , and I’ve adapted it to suit our tastes. We like our pancakes to be nice and fluffy and a little bit sweet.
You can add some fruit to the batter if you wish, but our favorite way to enjoy these light and fluffy pancakes is with vegan buttery spread and lots of maple syrup.
Once you master this classic recipe, you may like to try my fluffy vegan banana pancakes and my vegan pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes .
How do you make vegan pancakes without milk or eggs?
I was so used to making pancakes or waffles with eggs, and it took some experimenting for me to be able to make them egg free.
However, the process is pretty much the same as the traditional recipe. You’ll use flour, salt, baking powder, a little sugar, some oil, and of course your favorite non-dairy milk.
These dairy free and egg free pancakes are made in one bow, so you don’t have to worry about a big mess to clean up.
How do you make vegan pancakes fluffy?
The secret ingredient is baking powder! The baking powder causes the pancake batter to rise and produces perfectly fluffy and tender vegan pancakes.
The amount of baking powder in the recipe is correct. It looks like a lot, but since this recipe is made without eggs, you do need that large amount of baking powder to make these vegan pancakes rise.
Can you make vegan pancakes without oil?
If you want to try to make these pancakes oil-free, try using applesauce instead of oil. The texture may not be quite as fluffy, but the recipe will still work.
Tips for making these light and fluffy vegan pancakes:
- Let the batter rise for at least 5 minutes. The baking powder needs a few minutes to do its job. And yes, the amount of baking powder required is indeed 1 1/2 Tablespoons. It sounds like a lot, but it’s necessary, and is the key to super fluffy pancakes.
- Don’t turn the heat too high! Medium heat will do it.
- Don’t flip them too quickly. It will take about 5 minutes for the bottom to cook through. Look for the edges to be cooked, and a few bubbles to form in the batter. Then flip and finish cooking.
- Having a good frying pan makes all the difference – this one is excellent , and worth the price. Pancakes don’t stick to it, and they get perfectly golden brown. (affiliate link)
Light and Fluffy Vegan Pancakes.
A simple vegan pancake recipe that’s perfect for weekend breakfasts! These are so light and fluffy and are perfect topped with fresh fruit!
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add wet ingredients, and let rise for about five minutes.
- Melt a tablespoon of vegan buttery spread in a large frying pan over medium heat (I have an electric stove and put the burner at about 5).
- Spoon the batter into the pan, and cook until you see the edges starting to turn golden brown (about 5 minutes or so).
- Flip pancakes and continue to cook until done, about 3 more minutes.
- Serve with vegan buttery spread and syrup, or desired fruit topping.
Yes, the amount of baking powder is 1 1/2 TABLESPOONS.
Nutrition information is for one pancake. This recipe makes 8 pancakes.
Article source: http://theprettybee.com/2014/01/basic-vegan-pancake-recipe.html