Ever wonder how to make a lettuce wrap sandwich? These simple lettuce covers are the best low-carb, keto, and healthy sandwich without the bread! For years I have actually liked getting a sandwich covered in lettuce from a local deli in New York, and now I have mastered making my own lettuce sandwich wraps in your home!
What type of lettuce is utilized for lettuce covers?
Iceberg lettuce! We’ve tried this with romaine lettuce, butter lettuce, and more, and absolutely nothing beats the crunch and ease of covering like the iceberg lettuce.
How to make a lettuce wrap sandwich
For years I’ve stopped at a local deli near my mother’s house for lettuce covers. We have now refined the lettuce wrap technique and are so fired up to share it with you!
What to put in your lettuce wrap
- 1 head lceberg lettuce, cored and external leaves eliminated.
- 1 tablespoon rough mustard.
- 4 slices natural turkey.
- 2 strips. bacon cooked and cut in half.
- 1 piece cheese, halved.
- 2 slices tomato.
- 1 thin piece red onion.
- 1 piece of parchment paper, 14 x 14.
More Recipe Ideas & Resources
- Lay big square of parchment down on your work surface area.
- Layer 5-8 large pieces of lettuce in the middle of parchment paper. You desire your lettuce base to measure out to be about 9 by 10. It’s okay to layer smaller sized ones together if your lettuce pieces are breaking.
- Spread mustard in the middle of the lettuce wrap.
- Layer turkey, cheese,. bacon tomato and red onion on top of mustard.
- Utilizing parchment paper as a guide, as firmly as you can roll the lettuce up, beginning with completion closest to you.
- As soon as you the roll has started, tuck the ends of the wraps towards the middle..
- Continue to roll the lettuce wrap, keeping it as tight as possible and utilizing the parchment paper to assist you.
- When it is completely covered, roll the remainder of the parchment around the lettuce firmly.
- Utilizing a serrated knife, slice though the lettuce wrap practically entirely, leaving the bottom piece of the parchment intact. This assists keep it together.
Article source: https://lexiscleankitchen.com/lettuce-wrap-sandwich/