Lemon Herb Roasted Potatoes are cut into small potato nuggets make sure crispy flavour in every bite. One of the most popular side meals ever to be included on this site and a full-blown Pinterest hit.
More Healthy & Deliceous Recipes
Roasted potatoes are practically a household institution at our home. Now these flavourful potato nuggets have ended up being a new favourite. I first began making them about 10 years earlier when I saw Jamie Oliver make them.
I explain them as an outright must for a British roast dinner of any sort. You can find out more about how to makeThe Perfect Roast Potato here.
This variation just takes the same technique and includes lemon and herbs. We enjoyed these potatoes at our Sunday supper last weekend together with a whole, beautifully roasted Lemon Dijon Chicken.
- 6- 8 large sized russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 to 2 inch chunks
- juice of one lemon
- ¼ to 1/3 cup olive oil, butter or other oil will work as well; a butter/olive oil combination is very good too
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp dried herbs, oregano, thyme and rosemary are good choices
- 1 whole garlic bulb broken into about 4 pieces, optional
- Parboil the potatoes in salted water for about 3-4 minutes, no longer.
- In a 375 degree F oven, heat a baking pan of sufficient size to hold your potatoes without crowding them. A glass or metal pan is fine, as long as it is well heated in advance. This will assist to avoid the potatoes from sticking to the pan.
- After parboiling, drain pipes the potatoes and let them represent 5 minutes. Toss the potatoes with the lemon juice.
- Toss together so that the potatoes soak up the lemon juice.
- Add the salt, pepper, herbs, garlic cloves and olive oil.
- After the very first 10 minutes, provide the pan a shake to make sure the potatoes are not stuck to it. The roasted garlic might have to be removed before the potatoes are finished as it normally cooks quicker.