Eggplant (Brinjal) Parmesan is a scrumptious dish produced by Devialini, one of my readers. I fine-tuned the dish a little by including some cream to the beaten egg and dried Italian herbs to the Parmesan finishing.
Eggplant Parmesan makes a great snack or side dish. If you follow a. vegetarian keto diet plan. , you can make it into a total meal and serve with low-carb vegetables and other ketogenic sides like. cauli-mash . Apart from this easy-to-make dish, Devialini also shared her. keto story. that you can find at the end of this post:
- Cut the eggplant widthwise into thin slices (about 1/4.inch/ 1/2.cm thick). Season the pieces with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and leave to rest for about an hour
- Pat dry the excess moisture with a tidy kitchen cloth or paper towel. I placed each slice between 2 pieces of paper towel and squeezed to drain pipes
- Crack the egg into a bowl and beat with the cream
- Location the grated Parmesan cheese a medium bowl and mix with Italian herbs (I used oregano, thyme and basil). In another bowl, combine the coconut and almond flour.
- Start by dipping the eggplant slices, one at a time, in the egg, then in grated Parmesan cheese …
… and after that lastly in the almond and coconut flour mix.
It’s typical to wind up with some leftover finish, as every batch can vary.
Heat a big pan greased with half of the ghee. Include the eggplant slices in a single layer and fry on each side over a medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes or up until golden brown and crispy. Fry the eggplant in batches and grease the pan as needed.
Ensure the pan is hot before frying the slices. Do not be tempted to turn the slices too soon or the breading might fall off.
More Recipe Ideas & Resources
Put the fried eggplant on a plate and repeat for the remaining pieces. Take pleasure in eating it cold or hot!