There comes a time in everybody’s ketogenic life where you long for something sweet. Cookies, brownies, cake– but there’s absolutely nothing that you have actually pre-made and nothing that is low carb laying around.
In under 5 minutes you can have a chocolate cake that’s abundant, scrumptious, and sure to slam those yearnings directly into the ground. Cake in a mug! Chocolate cake in a mug, that is. Definitely magnificent in taste, just like you spent 45 minutes toiling away baking it in the oven.
I know, I know, you requirement almond flour . And none of that almond meal, either– only a great grain almond flour for the non-grainy and soft texture. However it’s worth it, trust me!
I used to make these with protein powder , and the consistency is simply no place close. The protein powder will give a more rubbery texture, and while it’s still great it’s just notgreat. The almond flour helps offer it that real-cake texture that you’re searching for!
The essential to the ideal consistency is the egg. Integrated with the absorptive powers of the coconut flour and the increasing homes of the almond flour, the egg will coax the cake to rise even greater than you might expect and supply an incredibly decadent consistency.
1. Procedure out 2 Tbsp. butter and put it inside the mug you will be utilizing.
2. Microwave the butter for 20-25 seconds until it mainly melted and hot. Add your sweetener to the melted butter.
Keep in mind: You can utilize any low carb/low glycemic sweetener for this. Learn more at the finest low carbohydrate sweeteners. .
3. Add your 2 Tablespoon. cocoa powder. to the butter.
4. Add your. coconut flour. almond flour baking powder, and vanilla.
5. Don’t forget the egg! It will help the cake rise.
6. Mix the active ingredients well, until whatever is combined and there’s as little lumps as you can get. If you’re going to make 2 servings, this is the point where you would determine the batter out into 2 mugs or 2 ramekins.
Microwave the cake for 60-75 seconds. If you are making 2 servings, most likely 50-60 seconds would do the finest– I never ever make 2 servings since I’m greedy.
8. While you’re awaiting the cake to cook, whip some cream in a mixing bowl. (Optional).
I do this by using an. immersion blender. — really quick, easy, and delicious however it will produce stiff peaked whipped cream (and to some it may be over whipped). Pour enough light whipping cream into a container to cover the immersion mixer blades. Blend for 20-40 seconds until you reach the consistency you want.
9. Let the cake cool for a minute and spoon on the whipped cream. (Optional).
What To Do.
More Recipe Ideas & Resources
- Melt the butter in the microwave for 25 seconds
- Include the remainder of the active ingredients and blend well.
- If you are making 2 portions, divided the batter into 2 ramekins.