More Recipes & Healthy Food Ideas
The recipe I’m sharing today is a fun, keto spin on one of my favorites from my higher carb days. Chicken Parmesan.
I love casseroles, especially at the end of a long day. There’s something just so satisfying about throwing everything into a dish and popping it into the oven…even more satisfying when the result is delectable AND good for you!
My go-to is usually Rao’s Homemade Marinara Sauce (only 3 net carbs per 1/2 cup serving)!
Speaking of carb counts, this chicken parmesan casserole also has excellent macros. For one serving you’re looking at:
- 5 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup no-sugar-added marinara sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (about 6 ounces)
- 1 ounce pork rinds, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed dried basil
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and lightly grease an 8-inch square baking pan
- Spread the chicken in the greased dish and pour the tomato sauce over it. Sprinkle with the red pepper flakes. Top with the Parmesan and then the mozzarella. Lightly sprinkle the rushed pork rinds and basil over the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
This recipe can be frozen either before baking or after, and it’s easy to prep a day ahead. Just be sure to wrap it up tightly with foil before putting it in the freezer or fridge.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of pan
- Calories: 438 Calories
- Fat: 25.6g
- Carbohydrates: 4.2g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Protein: 43.8g
Article source: https://www.heyketomama.com/keto-chicken-parmesan-casserole/