Rectangular soft lavash wrappers are even easier to make sandwiches with than round wrapper breads — everything lines up so neatly, and they roll up so easily. Look for them in near your supermarket’s deli section — they’re often shelved near pita breads. Hummus holds everything together, and plenty of romaine lettuce plus fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, and roasted red peppers means that your yummy sandwich is also a salad! Make this with black olive hummus for extra flavor. Photos by Evan Atlas.
Hummus and Veggie Lavash Wraps
Recipe type: Wraps
Cuisine: Vegan / Healthy
Prep time: 20 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Serves: 2 to 4
- 2 fresh lavash breads
- ¾ to 1 cup hummus (store-bought or homemade)
- 2 cups finely shredded romaine lettuce, or as desired
- 2 small flavorful tomatoes, sliced
- 12 or so slices cucumber
- 2 roasted red peppers from a jar, drained and blotted dry, thinly sliced
- Place one lavash bread on a cutting board and spread evenly with hummus.
- Sprinkle half of the romaine over the hummus.
- Arrange tomato, cucumber, and red pepper slices down the center, more or less as shown in the photo.
- Start rolling from one of the longer sides; make sure to roll snugly.
- Repeat with the second lavash bread.
- Cut each lavash roll in half. Each half of a lavash wrap can be a serving with a larger meal, or serve both halves for a heartier helping.
- Make sure to hold the wraps up horizontally as you eat them, so that you don’t lose any of the filling!
Article source: http://www.vegkitchen.com/recipes/hummus-and-veggie-lavash-wraps/