If you’re a.crab. cake.enthusiast, you understand that discovering a truly excellent Paleo.crab.cake.isn’t simple.
Many are packed with breading, seriously lacking in the.crab.department or fried to oblivion in unhealthy grease.
But a GREAT.crab.cake.— packed with huge chunks of swelling.crab., wearing a completely golden-brown outside and simply hardly held together with creamy mayonnaise, egg and a little breading– is a delicacy that will have you craving more.
Considering that getting rid of gluten from my diet, I have actually missed enjoying the periodic.crab.cake.( especially the ones from the quaint little restaurant, Dada, in my house town of Delray Beach, Florida).
And despite a variety of attempts to recreate this seaside favorite, my Paleo replacements of coconut and almond flour simply weren’t producing the very same texture as a genuine.crab.cake..
That is, until …
The Delighted Accident with Cauliflower: My.Crab.– Less Paleo.Crab.Cakes.
Inspect out this brief video to see simply how simple it is to make …
Recently, I was making cauliflower fritters from some leftovers in the fridge. It was just steamed and then riced cauliflower, spices, eggs and a little coconut flour, formed into patties and after that pan-fried.
powered by Advanced iFrame free. Get the Pro version on CodeCanyon.
My partner, Jon, can be found in and stated with a big smile .Wow, you made.crab.cakes. As he took a bite, I waited for his reaction. .These are TERRIFIC … however where’s the.crab..
I chuckled. .They’re.crab.– less.crab.cakes.!.
And then I got to believing. Steamed cauliflower simply might be the missing link to developing the best gluten-free, grain-free Paleo.Crab.Cake. And so it was!
I hope you love this simple and delicious dish as much as we do!
As a special present for Recovering Premium readers,. our friends at Thrive Market are distributing a 12 oz. jar of Primal Kitchen Mayonnaise– free for a limited time. It’s perfect in this recipe and countless more. Don’t delay– get your container now!
- 1 pound. crab meat, prepared.
- 1 cup cauliflower florets, steamed well.
- 2 pastured eggs.
- 3 Tablespoon. coconut flour.
- 3 Tbsp.Primal Kitchen Mayo.(. Get a 12 oz. jar FREE from Thrive Market now! ).
- 2 Tablespoon. fresh parsley, sliced.
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt.
- 1/2 tsp. Old Bay spices.
- 2 Tablespoon. avocado oil or coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, add the steamed cauliflower. Carefully break up into small pieces, mashing some. Leave some pieces intact for texture.
- Add the crab meat and parsley. Gently fold the mixture to disperse the components evenly without breaking up the crab excessive.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, mayo, Old Bay and salt. Put over the crab meat mix and gently fold.
- Now sort the coconut flour over the crab and gently fold the mixture till everything is uniform. The coconut flour is what assists provide these cakes that crispy-golden crust.
- Transfer to the refrigerator to chill and company up – about 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Eliminate crab mix from refrigerator and form into patties. I made mine about 2 inches thick and 3 inches in size.
- Heat oil in a cast iron pan over medium-high heat. When oil is shimmering, add the crab cakes, bewaring to not overcrowd the pan (this will trigger steaming, not searing). Prepare about 3 minutes to golden brown, then turn and prepare another 3 minutes.
- Location pan-fried crab cakes on a flat pan and transfer to the preheated oven to cook through (12 to 15 minutes).
- Serve with fresh lemon wedges and Paleo mayo.
145 calories, 10 g fat, 2 g hydrogenated fat, 7 g monounsaturated fat, 0.4 g polyunsaturated fat, 100 mg cholesterol, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Exceptional Source of.: Protein, Selenium, Vitamin B12, Vitamin K, EPA/DHA Omega-3
Excellent Source of: Zinc, Vitamin C, Phosphorous.