Not every treadmill in the market has to be bulky and large to be effective and the Horizon Evolve SG Compact Treadmill is a clear testament to this. It doesn’t look like it belongs in a space ship from the 1990’s and instead looks sleek, modern, and elegant. It instantly folds so you can store it vertically or even slide it under your bed. However, just because of its new design you shouldn’t dismiss its capabilities because it does wonders in bringing optimal cardio workout into the comforts of your home.
- The first thing you’ll praise is its ultra-compact design. It folds with ease and when it is propped up for use it features a 17×45 running area. There is no assembly required either.
- Of course you need power and stability to burn those calories and the Horizon Evolve SG Compact Treadmill addresses this with its 1.5 CHP motor. This motor can take you all the way up to 6MPH.
- It also comes with two standard programs for you to use: manual as well as weight loss. This guarantees that the belt moves according to your specific goals.
- Treadmills are about full cardiovascular training and not just running. To guarantee you are getting the workout you desire and need, the LCD displays your time, speed, calories burned, and distance.
- No one wants to get bored while working out and the Horizon Evolve SG Compact Treadmill is built with an audio-in system for your CD players and MP3 players. This is accompanied with the built-in speakers.
- It also comes with a heart rate monitor (thumb reader) that allows you to keep track of your progress and to ensure you are always performing at the top of your level.
- Some users have complained that the heart rate monitor is not always functional. For some it might work while others might require repair.
- You can only read the results of your run while the belt is in motion so if you stop to read your statistics the display won’t show them, forcing you to at least walk while studying your workout.
This is a very simple, very basic treadmill that doesn’t aspire to compete with the $2,000 models. It doesn’t have to – it has all the right features and design that works for everyone who wants a simple, back to basics workout session. It is affordable, compact, and still very effective for both the hardcore trainer and the casual fit enthusiast.