This homemade vegan cashew cream cheese is the best dairy-free spread for any bagel and tastes even much better integrated with a red onion marmalade.
I’ve been desiring to try out homemade vegan cheeses for a while and understanding I had a jar of red onion marmalade in my cabinet made it the ideal opportunity to produce a dreamy weekend breakfast: homemade vegan cashew cream cheese and red onion marmalade on bagels.
The vegan cashew cream cheese is remarkably simple to make: just pop all of your components into a high powdered food mill and blend till velvety. For how long you require to mix for will depend upon your devices– this took less than a minute in the Vitamix– so keep checking as you go.
More Healthy & Deliceous Recipes
I used my Vitamix S30 personal blender to make this vegan cream cheese; if you have a larger Vitamix, you might need to double the dish. Without a Vitamix or equivalent, it might take significantly longer but I have not checked this. Adding a little water must get you to your wanted consistency if it comes out too thick.
I chose versus including dietary yeast to the cashew cream cheese since I sometimes find it can taste a bit plasticky raw. I expect some of you will be pleased to discover a vegan cashew cream cheese that is made with readily-available ingredients too and I have actually purposely tried to make it so. The recipe calls for a little oil-infused garlic however this can be replacemented for a plain oil and one little clove of garlic, though the resulting flavour will be more powerful.
Thankfully, a lot of bagels (as far as I’ve seen in the UK) are inadvertently vegan so you ought to have no problems selecting some up ready-made. Obviously you could take this vegan breakfast to the next level and make your own bagels!
- 60g plain cashew nuts, soaked in hot water for at least an hour (or over night if you do not have a high-powered mixer).
- 1tbsp garlic-infused oil.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar.
- Pinch of dried rosemary.
- Sea salt, to taste.
- Drain pipes the cashews and include into a high-powered blender in addition to the oil, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and salt. Mix for around 1 minute in a high powered mixer, or around 3-5 minutes (or longer if needed) in a lower power system, up until it has formed a smooth, thick paste that looks like cream cheese. If it is too thick, then include a little warm water.
- Transfer to a small dish and sprinkle over the dried rosemary. Serve on a hot bagel with red onion marmalade or usage as a replacement to cream cheese in any other dish!
- Shop in an airtight pot in the refrigerator for as much as three days.
The garlic-infused oil can be replacemented for one tablespoon of plain rapeseed or olive oil and one little crushed clove of garlic but the taste from the garlic will be more powerful.
Please keep in mind that this recipe was developed using a high-powered Vitamix S30 personal mixer. If you have a bigger Vitamix model or large food processor, you might require to double the recipe..You will require to blend for longer if you do not have a high-powered mixer.
Depending upon the strength of your mixer, you might also need to soak the cashews for longer. Older cashew nuts will likewise require soaking for longer than fresher ones. Be sure to drain the cashews prior to blending!
Article source: http://natalietamara.co.uk/2016/02/20/vegan-cashew-cream-cheese/