This is a great way to begin, do not you believe?
Hi once again friends !!
It’s me, Kelly. I hope you’re doing incredibly. Possibly you remember me as a hungry fourteen years of age with a strange love of. coconut flour. who exuberantly abused exclamation points and invested all her time either screening recipes or washing clothing into oblivion due to the fact that she refused to wear an apron.
That was either twenty minutes earlier, or twenty years. I have actually truthfully lost track of a lot, however some things simply do not alter.
I am extremely grateful to those of you who connected in my lack (which was almost 5 months long– eek!), and long story short, I’m not dead. So that’s the great news!
The bad news is that my mother’s health has regrettably deviated for the even worse. I went over reasons for a hiatus in more depth back. in October but this year has without a doubt been the most difficult one of my life for a variety of factors. Because my most current post, which remained in March, I finally had to face the weight of the occasions that were going on around me and deal with them best I could. In some cases this suggested taking my mother to a doctor’s appointment and spending the rest of the day in bed.
I ultimately pertained to come to grips with the question of how I should approach going back to this blog site, or whether I need to return at all. Like all soul searchers, I considered why I was here at all.
I started Foodie Mess (as an ugly website on Blogspot no less, and no, I will not provide you the link) on June 10, 2011, which was soon after my mother had gotten her first medical diagnosis. Side note I likewise graduated high school on June 10, exactly five years after starting my blog, since that’s how the universe works.
My mommy could no longer cook so, as a spunky 13 years of age who had actually simply lost 40 pounds, I established a blog to monitor the healthy dishes I made for her. I simply wished to contribute and understand that I was assisting someone, and this was how I did it. Five years later, this still might not be more true. If you are here reading this, sharing in my little corner of the world that unabashedly commemorates food and the joy it can bring, then you have personally made a terrific effect on my life and I am forever grateful for you. And now I want to keep sharing my favorite recipes with you.
That is why I am taking a year off between high school and college to work on the blog., and am happy to state that I will be posting brand-new recipes every Monday and Friday!
I’ve spent over a month testing recipes, and now I’m beyond enjoyed share them with you. I published a teaser collage on social networks, but for those of you who don’t follow me on. Facebook. or. Instagram please enjoy this bit of coming destinations
We’re talking single serving snickerdoodle cookie dough for 60 calories a batch. Super high and healthy protein red velour truffles. Brownie batter bites that got eaten in five minutes at the party I brought them to. Decadent caramelitas made healthy. Quiche with a nearly unholy amount of cheese ( natural naturally and still low calories due to the fact that the cheese saints were smiling on me, also please value the ‘holy’ pun).
The point is that we’re going to have a lot of fun together.
And we’re going to begin with muffins! Since muffins are enjoyable. And you’re fun. So we all have a lot in typical.
I could talk for hours particularly about how much I love these muffins. They’re kind of my pride and delight. Each muffin has only 86 calories (!) and 2g net carbs (!!), however loads 11g protein (!!!)!
Now a note on protein powder.
I used the chocolate protein powder from. Quest however any whey/casein mix or baking-intended protein powder will do just great. (I don’t like making brand-specific dishes, as I desire as lots of people to be able to make them as possible and not everybody has access to certain ingredients.).
I’m head-over-heels for some vegan protein powders, namely Sun Warrior, however I’m unsure vegan powders will work here. You’ll have my everlasting love and thankfulness if you attempt this with a vegan powder and/or vegan egg replacer and report back, but continue with caution as I have definitely no concept if that will work. Meanwhile, please enjoy this. single serving cookie dough these protein-packed. coconut macaroons this. protein ice cream and these. chocolate peanut butter protein bars as they all call for vegan-friendly protein powder. Meanwhile, the quest for really vegan protein muffins continues. Stay tuned kids.
Anyway I’m essentially in a relationship. When I state my love is rich, tall, dark, and handsome, who says this fairy tale hero couldn’t be a muffin?
More Recipe Ideas & Resources
- 4 scoops chocolate protein powder * (1-1/3 cups).
- 1/2 cup erythritol.
- 1/4 cup coconut flour.
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder.
- 4 teaspoons baking powder.
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- 1-1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk, divided.
- 10 squares sugar totally free dark chocolate, sliced and divided.
- 4 egg whites (or 4 eggs’ worth of egg replacer or flax eggs).
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease or coat a muffin tin with cooking spray and reserved.
- In a big bowl, combine protein powder, erythritol, coconut flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt and mix until uniform.
- Combine 1 cup of the almond milk with 6 squares of the sliced chocolate in a microwave-safe glass measuring cup. Microwave for 1 minute and stir up until smooth. If the chocolate has actually not entirely melted, continue microwaving in 15 second intervals, stirring in between, till the chocolate has actually melted and the mixture is consistent. Include remaining 1/4 cup almond milk, egg whites, and vanilla extract and stir well. Add wet ingredients to dry components and stir till entirely integrated.
- Scoop half the batter into the prepared muffin tin (so the cups are half complete). Sprinkle 2 squares’ worth of the staying chopped chocolate onto the batter (so sprinkle some chocolate onto the batter in each of the cups). Cover each of the cups with the remaining batter (so the cups are now complete), then sprinkle the remaining 2 squares of sliced chocolate on top.
- Bake in the oven at 350 F for 18-20 minutes, or till a toothpick placed in the center comes out tidy (ignoring the melted chocolate naturally). Let cool and feast on.
Article source: http://www.foodiefiasco.com/high-protein-double-chocolate-muffins/