It’s difficult for me to validate a cooking a big meal when it’s simply my kid and me. Just the simple stuff that I understand my 3-year old will consume!
After I selected him up from school, we ran by the shop to pick up some steak. It was way too cold to fire up the grill, so I chose to cook the steak within, hibachi style.
More Recipe Ideas & Resources
And through a little imagination these Hibachi Steak Lettuce Wraps were born. And oh my gosh, are they ever excellent!
Cooking up the steak in the skillet is a VERY quick process considering that the steak is sliced into bite sized pieces. I enjoy this dish not even if it’s quick, but since it utilizes very simple active ingredients; lettuce, butter, soy, and steak sauce are the base of this dish..
I intensified the components by making some rice as well, which is optional!On the steak lettuce wraps, I layered prepared wild rice, the steak hot from the skillet, and topped it with green onion and a little bit of yum sauce! Definitely delish!.
This Hibachi Steak Lettuce Wrap recipe is one that saves very well for leftovers. I had a little steak and rice left, so I mixed them together and loaded them for my lunch the next day! It reheated magnificently and provided me a simple, healthy lunch.
I should keep in mind that for the yum sauce, I had some pre-made sauce from a regional restaurant..
- 16 ounces steak, cut into bite sized pieces.
- 1/8 tsp salt, garlic and pepper powder.
- 1 tbsp veggie or canola oil.
- 2 tbsp salted butter.
- 1 tbsp soy sauce.
- 1 box Uncle Ben’s \u00ae Long Grain & & Wild Rice, Quick Cook Recipe.
- 5 tbsp yum sauce (see notes).
- lettuce leaves, for covers.
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- In large skillet, heat oil on medium high up until it just starts to smoke.
- Season steak pieces with pepper, garlic and salt powder. Contribute to hot frying pan. Allow to scorch for 1 to 1.5 minutes, or until the side is gently caramelized, then sear and flip each piece for another 1 to 1.5 minutes. Add butter and soy sauce, saute for up to a minute up until the butter is melted. This need to get the steak to about medium unusual (using 1 minute on each side) or medium well (using 1.5 minutes on each side).
- In each lettuce leaf, layer yum, steak and rice yum sauce. Serve while steak is still hot.