Grilled lemon chicken flatbread covers are a favorite healthy lunch or light supper alternative prepared with great deals of brilliant taste. Made with scrumptious and simple components, these tasty sandwich wraps function tender and juicy lemon chicken and a mildly spicy, utterly addictive garlic sauce!
Sandwich Wraps all wrapped up with Grilled Lemon Chicken and a Spicy Garlic Sauce
The sound and aroma of skewers of tender pieces of spice-marinated chicken sizzling away on a grill gets me starving!
Since I’m a substantial fan of sandwich covers, I love that scrumptious grilled chicken tucked into a flatbread wrap with great deals of intense taste, cool greens and juicy slices of fresh tomato, all folded together with a velvety and crave-worthy sauce.
Numerous little coffee shops and coffee homes use healthy sandwich wraps on their menus, and often they’re rather delicious, but often I seem like they don’t quite load enough of the tastes that I personally yearn for in a grilled chicken wrap.
So, me being me, I decided to consult myowntastebuds to come up with my individual take on what I think about to be thebestchicken wrap!
More Recipe Ideas & Resources
My grilled lemon chicken flatbread wrap dish is filled with juicy lemon chicken that’s been sprinkled with some Middle Eastern spices to provide it kick. The most irresistible part? My slightly hot garlic sauce!
The combo of active ingredients in my garlic sauce has that terrific umami flavor, that something indescribably tasty and distinct that keeps me craving bite after bite.
Quick to grill and put together, these juicy chicken wraps are the perfect meal to work up when your own tastebuds are yearning the flavors of lemon chicken and a spicy garlic sauce!
How to Make the very best Lemon Chicken Sandwich Wraps
To produce a genuinely mouthwatering grilled lemon chicken sandwich wrap, being generous with the spices and spices is an excellent location to start. Including lots of lemony brightness which hint of tang from fresh lemon juice and enthusiasm is another big pop of taste, of course!
I usually allow the skewered pieces of chicken breast to marinade in some olive oil, fresh garlic and warm spices– cumin, coriander, paprika and oregano– for about 20 minutes. Then, I grill ’em up!
Which amazing garlic sauce that takes these wraps over the top? It’s very fast and easy to blend up in a bowl with a little mayo, sour cream, garlic, tahini, sriracha and a pinch of cayenne. You can make it more or less hot– you decide!
Here’s a little sneak peek at my grilled lemon chicken flatbread covers dish:( or simply dive to the complete dish )
- To create that delightfully delicious lemon chicken, I get things begun by seasoning the chicken breast pieces with the lemon, garlic and spices, then skewer them and allow them to marinate for at least 20 minutes. (This can even be done over night for additional taste!).
- While the chicken marinades, I prep my spicy garlic sauce in a little bowl, and set that aside or perhaps keep it chilled in the refrigerator.
- Next, I barbecue the chicken on my grill pan until golden-brown and juicy, allowing it to rest for a moment prior to moving the pieces from the skewers.
- To assemble the covers, I drizzle a few of the garlic sauce over the flatbread, and include some greens and tomato slices; then I include some of the grilled lemon chicken and more.garlic sauce, wrap things up, and delight in!
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 2 big breasts), cubed into bite-size pieces.
- Olive oil.
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed through garlic press.
- Passion of 1 lemon (about 1 tablespoon).
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- Pinch or 2 black pepper.
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin.
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander.
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika.
- 4 middle eastern-style flatbreads (you can utilize pita bread, as well).
- Arugula greens.
- Chopped tomatoes.
Spicy Garlic Sauce. Active ingredients
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise.
- 1/2 cup sour cream or full-fat, plain Greek yogurt.
- 3 cloves garlic, pushed through garlic press.
- 1 tablespoon tahini.
- 2 to 3 teaspoons sriracha (I used a lot more since I like mine spicy, so use your own judgement!).
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- Pinch black pepper.
- Pinch cayenne pepper (once again, you can utilize more, if you like it spicier).
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice.
- Place the cubed chicken into a medium-size bowl, and drizzle in about 2 tablespoons of olive oil; include the garlic, plus the remainder of the components approximately and consisting of the paprika, and utilizing your hands, toss all of the seasonings/spices effectively to coat the chicken.
- Using 4 bamboo skewers (you can soak these in water initially to avoid burning), skewer the chicken so that there is equivalent parts of meat on each skewer, and enable the chicken to marinate for about 20 minutes, and even overnight, if making ahead.
- While the chicken marinades, prep the garlic sauce by including all the components to a medium-size bowl, and blending together till totally smooth and velvety; reserved, or keep in the refrigerator, covered. (I like to put mine in a plastic squeeze bottle, and keep any leftovers in the fridge to utilize for other sandwiches, or as a yummy dressing.).
- When ready to grill, place a grill pan over medium-high heat (you can definitely utilize your outdoor grill, as well), and drizzle in a little oil; once the oil gets hot, position the chicken skewers into the pan, and cook them for about 6-8 minutes, turning them occasionally so that they get a bit charred on all sides, or till prepared through; permit them to rest, gently covered with foil, for about 5-10 minutes; then, eliminate the chicken cubes from the skewers and set aside.
- To assemble, add a little drizzle of the spicy garlic sauce onto the flatbread, followed by the greens; then, add a couple of slices of tomato, and about one skewer-worth of the lemon chicken; drizzle over a generous quantity of the spicy garlic sauce, and fold the sides towards the middle to form a wrap (you can even use some parchment paper or foil to hold everything together, if you ‘d like).
Tips & & Tidbits for my Grilled Lemon Chicken Flatbread Covers
- Allow a long time for marination Twenty minutes worth of marination is a great quantity of time to permit the lemon zest/juice and spices to permeate the chicken; but marinade for longer (even over night) if you ‘d like even more delicious lemon chicken!
- Soak the bamboo skewers in water To help in reducing the chance of the bamboo skewers burning excessive, I like to soak them in some warm water for a few minutes prior to adding the chicken pieces.
- Grill pan, or outside grill For benefit, I just use my little indoor grill pan to grill my chicken skewers; but you can definitely utilize your outside grill to impart more smokiness.
- Sub yogurt in the garlic sauce The dish for the garlic sauce calls for both mayo and sour cream, however you can sub plain, full-fat Greek yogurt for one and even both of those.
- Where to find tahini Tahini is a paste made from ground sesame seeds that appears like a nut butter, and is normally discovered in the section of the marketplace where the nut butters are discovered.
- Prep ahead for simple grilled lemon chicken flatbread wraps To accelerate things, you can marinade and skewer the chicken, and prep your garlic sauce the day before you prepare on grilling and serving the sandwich wraps. The day of, merely grill the chicken, and assemble the covers!
Hungry for more yummy wrap dishes? Take a look at these. Chicken Kebab Wraps with Easy Tzatziki Sauce this. BBQ Chicken Salad Wrap this. Falafel Wrap or this. Crispy Chicken Strips Flatbread Covers. !