As much as we like our pals and being Dallas socialites– spending a subtle weekend with the hubs may be my preferred activity ever.
Last Saturday we invested a great deal of time doing lawn work. We’re so ecstatic to lastly have a yard area that is functional, we decided to put it to utilize for a while on Sunday!
I had been wanting to make grilled bacon covered asparagus all weekend long, so we tossed it into our food preparation session out on the grill.
More Recipe Ideas & Resources
These grilled bacon covered asparagus spears had fantastic flavor without any flavoring at all. They could completely be done in the oven at 400-425 degrees, but I believe grilling provides immense additional taste!
This is one of the most basic recipes you can make. It’s the ideal example:
- of how tasty entire foods can be by themselves
- to show that the Paleo diet plan does not need to be boring. But you already knew that due to the fact that this dish involves bacon.
I in fact know somebody who doesn’t like bacon. Did you know those people actually do exist? It’s on the exact same level as defying gravity or something.
Yes, the assumption that everybody likes bacon is completely false. The presumption that the Paleo diet revolves around bacon is ALSO completely FALSE.
Paleo is not/should not be an all protein diet plan. I actually have been discovering myself eating less protein than I otherwise usually would! I still come in around 25% protein, which is absolutely enough for one day.
EDITORS KEEP IN MIND: I’ve been told that quinoa isn’t actually Paleo … I think for the functions of what the Paleo diet plan represents, it is close enough to Paleo.
Anyhow, if I had to make the option between bacon or asparagus for the rest of my life, I ‘d most likely select asparagus. Like wrapping it in bacon.
I seem like I’m talking in circles here. Probably due to the fact that it’s FriYAY and hellooooo weekend! Let’s rapidly divert to the recipe before I make everyone much more baffled about life.
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1/2 pound of bacon
- Heat grill to around 400 degrees.
- Break each asparagus spear in half.
- Slice each strip of bacon in half, then wrap it around both halves of the asparagus spear.
- Toothpick the bacon through the loose end on top at an angle, so it goes through the bacon on the other side.
- Grill for about 25-30 minutes, flipping them over midway through.
If you wish to attempt these in the oven instead, location each prepared bacon wrapped asparagus spear on a roasting pan, and roast at 400 for 25-30 minutes.