This is a healthier, low-carb version of General Tso’s Chicken, using baked cauliflower florets rather than fried chicken pieces.
Here is my latest cauliflower dish. I’m having fun replacing a lot of my chicken dishes with cauliflower instead. Now that spring is here and vegetable prices are coming down, I can really play around and experiment. It’s funny how all the trees and plants suddenly start growing again once March hits. A week ago, my fruit trees were completely bare. And now, they have dozens of new leaves on them. It’s like they all sprung up overnight.
Normally, General Tso’s Chicken involves fried chicken pieces and while I’m sure frying the cauliflower would make this dish even more amazing, it seemed to defeat the purpose of making it healthier by using cauliflower. So instead I roasted the cauliflower.
And it was still delicious. Our bowls were empty minutes after I put down my camera. And look, I finally created a cauliflower category!
More Healthy & Deliceous Recipes
- 1head cauliflowercut into bite sized florets
- for the sauce:
- 2 tbspdark soy sauce
- 2 tbsprice wine vinegar
- 2 tsphoisin sauce
- 2 tspsesame oil
- 2 tbspgranulated white sugar
- 2 tspcornstarch
- 6 dried red chilisoptional
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Spread cauliflower florets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for about 20-25 minutes until cauliflower florets are tender, flipping cauliflower halfway through.
2. While cauliflower is cooking, make the sauce. In a small sauce pan, add all ingredients except chilis. Whisk sauce together until everything is mixed and cornstarch is completely dissolved. Bring sauce to a boil, whisking occasionally, until sauce thickens, about 2 minutes. Add in the chilis and let them simmer for about 1 minute in the sauce. Turn off heat.
3. Toss cauliflower in sauce. Sprinkle fresh chopped scallions and white sesame seeds as garnish, if desired.
All images and content are © Kirbie’s Cravings.
Article source: http://kirbiecravings.com/2016/03/general-tsos-cauliflower.html
Watch the Video Below for More Info... Then Click the Blue Button Below for All the Details!