Creamy Maple Dijon Chicken Skillet with Bacon takes comfort food to a healthy level. This recipe is deliciously creamy and comforting, but also dairy-free, gluten-free, and Paleo!
More Recipe Ideas & Resources
I made this super yummy dish that the whole family gobbled up. We started with crispy bacon (only 4 slices, but just enough to really add depth to the dish), sautéed the chicken, added in some leeks and mushrooms since they are both in season, and topped with coconut milk. While the sauce was brewing, mixed in the maple syrup and dijon to really add even more flavor to the already delicious dish! Soooooo good!!!!
My most popular dish of last year was my Creamy Lemon Chicken with Asparagus and Mushrooms . The idea of this dish was born as kind of a sister to this recipe. I am thrilled with how the smoky bacon complimented the sweetness of the maple syrup and the zest of the dijon. It’s pretty much perfect. Serve over spaghetti squash, inside a sweet potato, or with brown rice. I promise you won’t be disappointed!
If you are interested in doing a cleanse and having an even healthier 2016, you can join the Facebook Group that I created. I am posting nutrition tips, recipes, giving a weekly goal or homework assignment, and even workout ideas along the way. Make this the best year yet!
- 4 slices of thick bacon
- 1.5 lbs chicken breasts or tenders
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cupsliced leeks
- 12oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 14 oz can coconut milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard
- salt to taste
- Begin by heating a large skillet to medium high heat. Add bacon once hot, and cook to desired crispiness. I do about 4-5 mins per side. Remove bacon from heat and reserve 1 tbsp of bacon grease.
- Bring skillet back to your burner, add chicken to the pan. Cook each breast 3-4 mins per side (depending on thickness), but do not cook all the way through. Remove chicken from pan, but keep pan hot.
- Add coconut oil to the pan if it’s dry, and then toss in mushrooms and leeks. Saute for 5-6 minutes, or until mushrooms are fragrant and leeks are softened.
- Crumble bacon into small pieces and return to the pan with mushrooms. Add chicken and coconut milk, stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together dijon and maple syrup. Pour mixture into the pan and continue to whisk until well combined.
- Simmer for 8-10 minutes. Serve over zoodles, spaghetti squash, or brown rice.