More Recipe Ideas & Resources
The chicken is marinated in a spicy homemade taco seasoning and grilled (or pan-fried) to perfection. While the chicken is cooking, blend together the cilantro sauce. It takes just 1 minute in the blender and makes a DELICIOUS zesty topping for the tacos!
Grilled Taco Chicken
- 1 poundBoneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2clovesgarlic minced
- 1tablespoonolive oil
- 8 leavesRomaine Lettuce rinsed
- 1 avocadodiced
- 1 tomatodiced
- 1/4 cuponiondiced
- 1/2cuploosely packed cilantro
- 1/2cupGreek Yogurtor sour-cream or mayo
- 2 tablespoonsolive oil
- 1 jalapenooptional
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Pinch of salt
To Cook Chicken
- Add the chicken, garlic, olive oil, and spices in a large bowl or zip-seal bag. Place in fridge and let marinate for at least 15-30 minutes or up to 24 hours.Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade. Place chicken on a grill or pan heated to medium-high heat. Let chicken cook until it is no longer pink on the inside, about 9-10 minutes per side (or until it has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F).
To Make Cilantro Sauce
- Place all the ingredients in the food processor and blend for 1 minute or until creamy.
- Layer lettuce wraps with chicken, tomatoes, onion, and avocado. Drizzle with cilantro sauce or your favorite taco sauce.