By: Claire Georgiou, Reboot Naturopath, B.HSc ND
Did you love donut holes as a kid? Here’s a snack that will remind you of this tasty treat without the guilt. This fun party snack (or anytime snack) is made with dried fruit and nuts and flavored with chai spices. These balls are high in fiber, iron, magnesium, vitamin B6, B1, monounsaturated fats, vitamin A and potassium. They will certainly stop any afternoon sweet cravings for something that comes out of a vending machine.
- 1 cup of cashews
- 1 cup of dried apricots (sulfite-free)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup nut butter
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp round cloves
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- ¼ cup of melted coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp. shredded coconut
- Pinch of ground clove powder
- Pulse almonds and the shredded coconut in a food processor until completely ground.
- Add the remaining chai ball ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Take a rounded tablespoon size and roll into balls and place onto a plate.
- Mix melted coconut oil and maple syrup together.
- Spoon glaze onto the balls and coat well and place into the freezer.
- Keep rolling them into the glaze to coat well, taking them out of the freezer to re-coat a few times and place them back in.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Cashews – almonds, macadamias
More Healthy & Deliceous Recipes
Apricots – medjool dates
Maple syrup – honey, monk fruit powder, stevia
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
Yields and nutritional information are estimated and will vary depending on produce size and equipment used.
Article source: https://www.rebootwithjoe.com/chai-spiced-donut-holes-recipe/
Watch the Video Below for More Info... Then Click the Blue Button Below for All the Details!